wire mess

luckyfind

Cadet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now from what I have read on this section it is illegal to put a wire diagram from a manual on here. No problem I understand that. Here is my question. I have had to take all the wires loose from under my dash on a 1969 MFG Sprint powered by a 1969 Evinrude 115hp motor number 115983e. The reason for this was wires not protected, red wires tied into black, and a bunch of wires hooked to one terminal. Now the wire harness has several wires coming from it. Several different colors. Red/white,purple/white some black wires well you get the idea. Now I have ordered a manual but from what Im hearing these manuals are not very helpful so can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: wire mess

If you ordered the OEM Manual you are probably okay. Seloc or Clymer not so lucky.

luckyfind

Cadet
Re: wire mess

Thanks I was a little nervous i got my cousin coming tommorrow to help without a manual so I hope we dont screw this up was hoping it would be here today but found out it just shipped got it off ebay so i guess we will see.