Fuel gas evaporation lead to too much oil left in fuel?

Radiodan

Cadet
Will storage and some fuel evaporation lead to a greater oil to fuel mixture?
Parameters:
Bayliner 1984 Capri, Force 125 (2 stroke), inside/integrated fuel tank (28 gallons?). I add 6 gallons of fuel at a time as this is a one bottle (16 oz) of two-stroke oil per 6 gallons of fuel. My engine exhaust smokes pretty good, although the engine runs very well.
I use this boat only in the spring and fall when it freezes at night (before I put my Regal sterndrive in the water and after I retire it for the season). I stabilize the fuel each time I add fuel/oil.

I leave the fuel tank cap closed, however there is a vent tube through the transom.

There is no fuel smell or obvious leaks when I have it stored in my storage building.

If there is some fuel evaporation, will the oil mixed with the gas evap at the same rate or will the mixture become more oil rich over time?

NYBo

Admiral
Re: Fuel gas evaporation lead to too much oil left in fuel?

Welcome to iboats!:cool:

There won't be enough evaporation to make a significant difference in the gas:eek:il ratio in those timeframes.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

It won't evaporate enough to make much of a difference if any.

A smoking 2 stroke is good. Its only when they quit smoking when you worry.

SteveRoss

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Uh... Oh.... I was gonna reply with a smart "a**" comment till I saw U were a Master Chief. Being of a lower rank, I'll hold the comments..... LOL....

180Fisherman

Petty Officer 1st Class

A little too rich of a mixture won't harm anything.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

As they say, it's not rocket surgery.

I know some people who don't trust their VRO's and throw a quart or two of oil in the belly tank "in case the VRO fails." I doubt it would do them any good but it makes them feel better.