Location....

Beefer

Lieutenant Commander
Just a pet peeve of mine here; why don't people put in their location. Some do, but it seems most/all of the newer members don't. Location can mean alot in this forum. Anyone else feel this way? or is it just me?

Summer Fun

Banned
Re: Location....

Some people are afraid that they will be stalked by a crazy iboats members. :eek:

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Is that why they only include their State? :D

Yes it does make it tougher when you are considering an answer and you have no idea where they are.

No Beefer it is not just you who lives in God's Waiting Room !!!

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I do agree that location can be very helpful in diag , I simply ask them to post or PM me the conditions they boat in and store the boat in and they usually include their location .

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

it really helps with diagnosing there problems.

Summer Fun

Banned

Is that why they only include their State?
Corrected. :)
I had one guy from another boating forum looking to find what marina I was at !!. :(
He wanted to call my marina owner to ask about some personal stuff about me. :eek:

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I had one guy from another boating forum looking to find what marina I was at !!. :(
He wanted to call my marina owner to ask about some personal stuff about me. :eek:

See, stalkers!:eek:

I figure what the heck, if I give an answer to help someone only to find out it will not work where they are, then I was not wrong.:p

But it does help. Someone that just has Illinois but is in the Southern part of the state might as well be in a different hemisphere than me because it is completely different.

Just as I recently found out you don't boat the Mississippi in Memphis with a smaller boat, but up here you could not ask for a better river to be on.:rolleyes:

HappierWet

Master Chief Petty Officer

Privacy

Attachments

• FBI MONITOR.jpg
    FBI MONITOR.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 0

Bob_VT

Staff member

Geez..... I was just picking on ya :p I understand.

Hmmmm Central NY that's what I consider the middle ;) Technically..... I am in Central VT :D

Summer Fun

Banned

Hmmmm Central NY that's what I consider the middle
Yep I'm in between Utica & Syracuse NY and thats all you need to know . :D
Geez..... I was just picking on ya :p
Bob, I knew that. :) . Maybe I'll see you up on Lake Champlain or the NYS canal this summer ??

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yep I'm in between Utica & Syracuse NY and thats all you need to know . :D
Bob, I knew that. :) . Maybe I'll see you up on Lake Champlain or the NYS canal this summer ??

OK, we're gettin' it narrowed down now...keep talkin':D:D:D

gonfishn

Commander

Be like kinda giving your favorite lake away. I would be afraid someone will steal that old ford i have in my front yard and that fridge on the front porch.

sasto

Captain

Be like kinda giving your favorite lake away. I would be afraid someone will steal that old ford i have in my front yard and that fridge on the front porch.

or my reclamed couch on my back porch.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I wonder how many are really telling the truth on their location? I can always tell by their accent in their writtings where they are from. :D Pure dead give away..........:D

sasto

Captain

I wonder how many are really telling the truth on their location? I can always tell by their accent in their writtings where they are from. :D Pure dead give away..........:D

Dunno 'bout that....Buckeye.

PGFISHER

Petty Officer 1st Class

If you're looking for privacy, what are you doing on the internet?

Bob_VT

Staff member

HA! I shook my Brooklyn accent when I enlisted in the Army. I am actually fairly safe as long as I do not spend more then 24 hrs with someone from Brooklyn and then the accent comes back!!

Yes Ethan..... I actually lived on East 32nd St and the next street over was Turrrttty Tird :D

itsaboattime

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Well heck.........I just went to try and add my city..........Can't figure out how to do it..........lol!!!