Have you ever lost your keys?

hostage

Lieutenant
After spending 15mins looking around for my keys I noticed my cat was laying one of the many spots I put my keys. I pick him up and sure enough he was laying on them. I guess he didn't want me to leave to get some supplies for my boat.

barman84

Cadet
Re: Have you ever lost your keys?

No but my friend dropped his in the lake with no floater attached last week right as we docked:( 30 feet to the bottom we weren't diving in looking for those... Did you know that the dealerships have master keys that start dang near almost any boat known to man??? Guy came out charged 100 bucks and had a ring with about 400 keys on it. One finally worked:eek:

Rscardina

Chief Petty Officer

Three weeks ago my buddy and i went out in Boston harbor.. he towed that day since my SUV was getting work done..

Somwhere somehow he lost his keys...i think leaning over to grab a striper, needless to say..when we didnt know this till we were coming back to port..

We get to the dock and sure enough his keys are gone, AND, it must have happened just before launch becasue his alarm started going off!! hahahah

Like you we called AAA and they got into the truck..but becasue of 4 wheel drive they had to flat bed it..over to the dealer and 200 bucks later a new key for his truck!! All told a 4 hour ordeal!!

this is why i keep my keys in the cubby hole..with floaters..

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yep!

I "lost" my keys many a time, but knew they weren't lost, just misplaced. Always found them in the last place I looked:D.

But, I DID lose my keys for real on the Illinois River. New boat, two hours from home with a spare set of car keys only (in the car:rolleyes:)

Hot wired the boat, spent a great day on the river and when we got back to the ramp, broke into the vehicle, loaded and went home. The next day, went to the marina, bought a new ignition for the boat and I have never taken the keys out of the boat since.

And I keep a spare vehicle key in the boat as well.;)

As for the cat, they are all about them:p

Summer Fun

Banned

Nope !!, In the 3 1/2 years that I've owned my boat.
The keys have never been taking out of the ignition. :)

j_martin

Admiral

After spending 15mins looking around for my keys I noticed my cat was laying one of the many spots I put my keys. I pick him up and sure enough he was laying on them. I guess he didn't want me to leave to get some supplies for my boat.

Understand this:
To a dog, you're family.
To a cat, you're staff.

Tig

Chief Petty Officer

Yeah, when they are not where I left them, my wife records that as me losing my keys. When they are located in the spot where she moved them, that is recorded as her finding them for me. Yes, her spot is the key caddy hanging by the door but that's not the point. :)

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

when i bought my second boat, the spare key was in the cooler. I took it out of the boat for safe keeping. Had the key, and its ring between my teeth (hands were full of stuff)

Stepped from the bow to the dock, the key fell from my mouth, and in the 1.5 inches between the dock and the boat, the black key went to the bottom.

Good news is it was 5 feet of water, but weedy/muddy bottom. Dove for it and managed to find it in less than 5 mins.

I've dropped them as well in the water a time or two, but have them on floating keyrings (which work by the way) or I'd be diving more frequently.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Yes, hasn't everyone-
But now I get home baseball cap comes off and gets loaded with the keys, the wallet, the cell, and all the stuff in my pockets!!
Ready for the next morning.
And a big +1, boat key's stay in the boat's ignition. :)