Alumacraft FDR (year?)

yamaha71

Cadet
First time vintage boater here. I restore and race a lot of vintage MX bikes and vintage snowmobiles but recently ran across a nice old boat I couldnt turn down. It says on the tag on the left Model FDR and the tag on the right says its rated for a 35hp. No other numbers found. How do I tell the year and such? How many years was the FDR offered? I can only find information on the 1959 model FDR when googling it. It looks like the pictures of the '59 ive seen. The bow cover and steering/counsel area have been altered somewhat from original by a previous owner. It has upholstered seats and looks to have had a windshield at one time. It has a cable/pulley steering system, and a unique drainage system in the transom area. Ill get some pictures soon.

Thanks David
Sturgeon Lake, Mn

andyrmilwaukee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Alumacraft FDR (year?)

I have a 63 FD if you look on the brace in the middle of the transom under the splash well you will find a number stamped on it, call alumicraft with this and they will be able to tell you the year. Put some pics up!!!!! I belive the brace is called a shoe not sure.

andyrmilwaukee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Alumacraft FDR (year?)

wow that has got to be an early one call the company yet? if you go to the alumacraft sectioin on this site you will get a lot of help on fixing it up