So who else has to work July 5th?

kei9th

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: So who else has to work July 5th?

i have to work but my wife's father is coming from England so i took off Monday. plus how can you work the day after a booze and explosion filled night.

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

Well, I'm taking Friday off so we'll have a 3 day weekend on the lake.... but I still think we should be closed on Monday! :D

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

be happy you have a job. I was laid off Aug 09.....no sympathy from me.........

I'm not looking for sympathy.... I was just ranting a little...lol. Good luck with your job hunt!

ezbtr

Commander

Not me, a no work union holiday, "Bloody Sunday", even though I'm not in a union, is all ILWU workers day off, although they do actually work the 4th :)

gonfishn

Commander

Hmmmmmmm. My calendar shows that the 4th is on Sunday. But retail knows no holiday and sense i run the joint i let everyone off that day. Up side to this is i will miss my inlaws. My bad i mean the downside dear.

kei9th

Petty Officer 2nd Class

well just found out that i will be at work on Monday and i get off just enough time to run to the airport then back to work. seriously who needs their copier fixed Monday?

Tig

Chief Petty Officer

Well I'll be working Canada Day to cover our US commitments. Monday were open for business too. I haven't checked to see how I fared in the provincial holiday shuffle in August. No matter though. I don't like the lake when it's crowded. I'll wait my turn. :)

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I'll be on call. It is one of our busy weekends. More than likely some kid will figure a way to put something out of operation :D My wife works the whole weekend plus Monday. All double time for her. Our 13th anniversary is on the 3rd, but we will celebrate in when I'm on vacation during the week of the 20th. The week of the 13th I'll be in Shelbyville TN for school for the whole week. Wow, 2 weeks from work even though school will be work related, but no kitchen grease will be involved :D

skysurfer2010

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I switched my days off this week. I was supposed to be off yesterday and today, but I switched that to this up coming Sat/ Sun since they needed me to work today. I'm a corporate pilot and just saw on the schedule they have me on a 4am show time for a trip Monday morning! I live an hour and a half from the airport so that means I'll need to get out of bed by 1:45am Monday morning. I'm extremely annoyed about it, too. Especially since it's to fly a surgeon down to his vacation home so he can go fishing out on his 57' Viking yacht! :mad: :mad: :mad:

So that pretty much ruins my 4th plans. I told them not to expect another favor from me again if that's the thanks I get. They could have put me on the afternoon trip but since I'm first up after having a day off I get screwed.

PGFISHER

Petty Officer 1st Class

My days off are sunday and monday, so I don't get holidays since they pulled that stupid monday holiday trick; but while you guys are whining about the 5th, I'll be on the lake.

JAY 22

Cadet

i gotta work monday, but i'l be fishin sunday

angus63

Captain

Taking most of July off between semesters this year from the primary job and spending most of that time commercial fishing for Fluke. Not fishing on the holiday (too many googins). Wife and kids are visiting her family in Virginia so it's just me and the pup this weekend on the vessel. Havin some buddies down to the boat Sunday night to catch the fireworks in NYC. Gonna rake some clams, trap some crabs, bbq some fish and empty a few 12 oz vessels. Enjoy!!!!

Philip_G

Chief Petty Officer

I wonder if I get paid for the actual holiday on sunday, or on the observed holiday on monday, if it's sunday I get the holiday pay plus 25% sunday pay