any advice motors getting a face lift

slickster2

Seaman
Hi all my 40 horse johnson is primed painted and coat with urathane, after sanding first coat of urathane with 800 wet/dry paper i went to deep and primer is showing its all skuffed up and can i respray it with the paint and recoat with urathane or do i have to do it all over again paint look crappie but so did boat at first ty

Attachments

• toms motor 2.jpg
    toms motor 2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 0

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: any advice motors getting a face lift

why to you keep reposting to New posts? You have already been answered on this question on a previous post. You need to read the rules for iBoats. No one is going to want to help you if you keep creating new posts everytime you have a question.

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=410295

Wet sand and then repaint - I used to paint for a living and many times the first coat would be wetsanded and we would break through the finish, but thats ok - just recoat. As a matter of fact - doing this until you have a perfect finish is not a bad idea. Keep wetsanding any imperfect areas and then recoat until you have a perfect paintjob.

The main thing about wetsanding is too make sure the coat of paint is 100% cured before wetsanding, otherwise it sort of balls up in the sandpaper and you end up not getting the finish you want.

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

probably can't find his original thread.

slickster2

Seaman

why to you keep reposting to New posts? You have already been answered on this question on a previous post. You need to read the rules for iBoats. No one is going to want to help you if you keep creating new posts everytime you have a question.

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=410295

Wet sand and then repaint - I used to paint for a living and many times the first coat would be wetsanded and we would break through the finish, but thats ok - just recoat. As a matter of fact - doing this until you have a perfect finish is not a bad idea. Keep wetsanding any imperfect areas and then recoat until you have a perfect paintjob.

The main thing about wetsanding is too make sure the coat of paint is 100% cured before wetsanding, otherwise it sort of balls up in the sandpaper and you end up not getting the finish you want.

hi there got and awesome paint job but have a few small scaly spots, tried sanding and repaint but still thay come back did what you said and redid it twice but don't know why i can't get them out any help would be great ty