Stihl Chain Saw Oil Mix 50/1

WizeOne

Commander
Re: Stihl Chain Saw Oil Mix 50/1

He was referring to me.:D

John

Now don't go getting on no guilt trip here. I viewed your comment more as sceptical than disparaging.:p

Yep, JB. Here is a link. All new backpack blowers are either full on 2 cycles with catalytic converters OR 4 strokes that run on 2 cycle oil. I believe there are other implements that are using the same technology.

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2009/02/12/stihl-4-mix-fuel-lubricated-4-stroke-engine/

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

WizeOne

Commander
Re: Stihl Chain Saw Oil Mix 50/1

SHAZAM!! Lots of questions about that, but this is not the place for them.

Yes! There really is something new, under the sun! When choosing a backpack blower I decided I would try the new technology as opposed to going with a catalytic converter bandaid that would need to be replaced at some interval.

So Far, So Good. Many hours now running 100:1. The 4 cycles are a little disconcerting because they do not give you the sense of rapid acceleration and high revs. With the Stihl you just pull the trigger, brace yourself so you don't fall over sideways;) and it blows up a huge hurricane that hardly anything on your patio can withstand.

Oh & btw, they are no heavier (within ounces, anyway) than equivilant rated 2 cycles.