make shift pump

popo4fun

Seaman
Some of you guys have some great ideas so let see who has an idea for this. I have a toliet system on my boat and my marina does not have a pump out station. WE only want to use it for liquids...no pooping..lol. SO my idea is to make some type of make shift pump so i can pump the gray water into a container and take it to my local rv place on my way home. Any ideas on what to use? The boat is a 28 foot rinker 260vee, 1993 model. I was thinking maybe an areator(spelling?) pump used for fishing with a garden hose on both sides and just hook it up to a battery.

popo4fun

Seaman
Re: make shift pump

just for information purpose it does have a place for it to be pumped out on the side so all I need is something to stick in there and suck it out.

popo4fun

Seaman

not sure...lol I was just trying to get the point across that it wouldnt have solids or toliet paper in it so I wouldnt need a super strong pump. PLus it has some orange packets for odor control so might be orange water..lol

jelli

Seaman

how about a fuel caddy.....or in line pump to a gas can

bcons

Seaman Apprentice

Your idea will prob work, but rather than a livewell pump (not that big) I'd use a raw water washdown pump.

Utahboatnut

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Or you could just use a portapotty and when finished take just the lower tank to the rv dump, no muss no fuss.

Steve Mahler

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yuck. I would definitely just remove the pump toilet, not hard to do, and install a self contained porta potti. Or, you could buy a Macerator pump which can be installed in the plumbing coming off your tank.

My boat has a built in macerator (legal only in certain areas). It works - will chop up poop and paper, but it is quite slow.