NADA Guide Value

TrenchFisherman

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a boat that i am trying to get rid of and I did the NADA Guide value and I am wondering if that is a realistic price on what I could sell it for. Boat value is 25600 and I got an offer of 23000. Dont know if I should pull the trigger. Thanks guys!

DuckHunterJon

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: NADA Guide Value

NADA is just a guide line. Many other factors influence price. Location, market dynamics, boat condition, time of the year, etc are not reflected in the NADA. Local craigslists, ebay, boattrader, etc will be a better guide for local boat prices. Of course, the most important one - what it's worth to you - is also not any of these.

insearch

Seaman

NADA tends to be low, research your boat and similar boats in the area you want to sell it. Kind of like buying or selling a house

Fordiesel69

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Throw NADA out the window. Totally worthless for cars, boat, and RV's. If everyone listed their boats by the NADA value, everyone without money would own one.

Compare your exact model on ebay / CL and see what it goes for. That is the only way. Pristine condition will always bring higher than market value. Garbage soft floor rotted out, but otherwise shiney and nice will bring very low value.