Best Father's Day gift ever!

royal0014

Master Chief Petty Officer
After 3 years of work, as yet un-calculated total cost, and a lot of "I'll never finish this", today is the day I finally get to splash my boat :D

Told my wife yesterday to take a good long look at it, 'cause this time tomorrow it might be at the bottom of the lake! And I may just go down with it :eek:

Went to Academy last night for a paddle, fire ext. and dock line. Still have lots of detail items such as painting outer hull and adding nav. lights, but she's good enough for a first dunk. Can you say Giddy With Anticipation?

Let me add Thanks to all here at Iboats that answered my posts. You've been a huge help!!!

Oh, and Happy Father's Day to all :)

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: Best Father's Day gift ever!

Nothing as exciting as a first trip :D. Hope all goes well for you.
Let us all know how you make out.

BTMCB

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Good luck. Am sure the hard work will pay off!

RAT Attack

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Congrats & Happy Fathers day to you!
Actually, HAPPY FATHERS DAY to all...
That is awesome that you get to take her out, and please let us know how everything went...
GOOD LUCK!
I am getting mine ready to take out here around 11.

royal0014

Master Chief Petty Officer

Well, it didn't sink :D Backed into the water straight, cranked up second try, and sat idling like a sewing machine. Parked it on the dock, moved the truck, loaded up the Wife and away we went. Got 100 yards from the ramp, eased into the throttle, about halfway and the prop hub spun. Not totaly unexpected. Ran great, considering who did the mechanicing on it :rolleyes: just couldn't get on plane.

Puttered around awhile, put out the trollmotor and wet a hook. Really too hot for fish. All said, I'm happy, the wife's happy, not a bad day.

Thanks to the well-wishers, hope your day went as well or better than mine!

saxrulez

Petty Officer 1st Class
!

!

well, it didn't sink :d backed into the water straight, cranked up second try, and sat idling like a sewing machine. Parked it on the dock, moved the truck, loaded up the wife and away we went. Got 100 yards from the ramp, eased into the throttle, about halfway and the prop hub spun. Not totaly unexpected. Ran great, considering who did the mechanicing on it :rolleyes: Just couldn't get on plane.

Puttered around awhile, put out the trollmotor and wet a hook. Really too hot for fish. All said, i'm happy, the wife's happy, not a bad day.

Thanks to the well-wishers, hope your day went as well or better than mine!

pictures!

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Sounds good, I have redone mine twice over the last 8 years and finally have it just the way I want, paint is a good winter project.

I did all mine is weekend projects, I fish every other week adn worked on the boat on the off weekends, then 2 years ago I tore it down to the hull and redid the whole thing, you are never really done working on a boat, always something you tweek on

Are you sure you spun the hub and didn't just cavitate?

I have had boats for a long time, ripped blades off and hit countless things in the water and have never spun a prop, put a mark across the entire back and run the boat, if the mark isn't lined up anymore you spun it if not it just sucked air.