A few stories

korygrandy

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Thought I would share a few stories from my boating experiences.

My dad has a 26' MacGregor sailboat I grew up with. I was about 8 years old walking on the deck and got whacked with the boom. Luckily for me my leg got wrapped around a loose rope as I dangled upside down in the cabin wondering how I ended up in this situation. When people ask why why i'm so forgetful I simply reply "Helm the lee, coming about."

Another time we were out on the boat with a full screw in the cockpit. As we were leaning pretty good, ooh about 40degrees or so. Apparently my oldest sisters fears got the best of her as she decided to do a scuba dive over the railing into the drink without saying a peep. It took us a minute to realize we were missing someone.

My mom made me earn my dinner (and my manhood) once when she made me do a 12' pencil dive into Lake Superior to retrieve the pot she needed to cook with. When they say it shrinks when your in cold weather...it's true! Brrrrr~.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
Re: A few stories

May be something to do with that Minnesota Viking boat cruise....:)

Doug N.

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Well, it's similar to how ice fishing houses are sized here in MN: Sleeps four, stacks eight.

korygrandy

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Haha...full crew was the intended statement. Go Vikes!

lncoop

Vice Admiral

That makes sense....just not as interesting a story...;)

Perhaps, but I'm relieved since I gathered we were still talking about the family outing. I know we have that kind of reputation here in Arkansas, but I didn't think you guys did.:rolleyes: