Zinc Anode

popo4fun

Seaman
Hey guys....the zince anode on my 1993 bravo two outdrive was prety bad. I went to the shoop and got a replacement....well I have been trying to get the old one out for a few hours now( you can laugh...lol). I removed the bolt and it came out fine...what wont come out is the actual plate with the tab on it. Is there any trick to it. I took a screw driver and hammer and went threw the bolt hole to try and knock it out and it just puch a hole threw it. Now i cant get it out. Any help would be great

popo4fun

Seaman
Re: Zinc Anode

Awww come on somebody has to know what the trick is to getting this thing out. I was hoping to be on the water today by 3...lol I guess i will start trying to chistle it out little by little

popo4fun

Seaman

over 40 people had viewed this thread and no one to reply with an idea....well thanks for the help. Just to help anyone else who might look this up later....i finally got it out by taking a drill and drilling hole and then punching it out with a hammer. MIght not be the propper way but it worked. I bet the damn thing had been in there for 10 years..lol.

Rocky_Road

Lieutenant Commander

Awww come on somebody has to know what the trick is to getting this thing out. I was hoping to be on the water today by 3...lol I guess i will start trying to chistle it out little by little

I guess that none of us has ever had this issue...and I, for one, wasn't about to give you some bum info!

You were waiting for a person that didn't read your question....

Glad that you 'got it'!

Happy boating!

TilliamWe

Banned

Yeah, popo, calm down. I didn't read your post, because I was in bed before you posted it, and hadn't been on here until now. Patience my friend, patience.
But yeah, as you found out, there is no trick to removing an anti-ventilation plate anode (in spite of your title, you have other anodes on your drive, I hope you don't think this was the only one). Once you remove the bolt from the top, placing a 9/16 deep well socket on a long extension and hitting it HARD with a hammer is gonna be the best way to get it out.