Whats the Name?

kailec00

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am all ways interested in the names of boats. What have you named your boat and do you have photos of it?

scutly

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Whats the Name?

came with the name. thought of doing a renaming ritual but decided against it. shes staying like she is.

driveway2.jpg

boat009-1.jpg

0508001750.jpg

kailec00

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I like the boat and the name. Looks good.

dave11

Lieutenant Junior Grade

One is named Petunia after the love of my life. The other is named Cocoon.

Lrider

Chief Petty Officer

This boat was named "Get The Gaff" we will send the name to the deep and give it a new one, we just haven't thought on a name yet :)

Attachments

• Name.jpg
    Name.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 0

scutly

Petty Officer 1st Class

I like the boat and the name. Looks good.

thanx! i was hoping id look the word up and find it had a cool meaning, but only found it was the last name of the fellow who distilled the gin in london back in 1830. still, i decided to keep it because i thought it was unique until the other day. im cleanin my boat in my slip when a VERY attractive, VERY tan and VERY young woman rides by in some type of older restored wooden chris-craft. gorgeous boat as well.:D i watch her as she passes by and wave and lo and behold what do i see on the transom? yup, same name, same font and same color! i know my boat was named when she was new. 16 yrs ago. she spent her life on the north shore in long island sound until i gave her a new home. whats the chances you find a boat with your name on it in the same canal????

md-lucky

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have no idea if this boat ever had a name.

The "Thundercraft" emblems were completely shot. We all started calling it the "Thunderchicken" out on the dock and having fun.. I guess it stuck.

Not in the proper place I guess. Glad I'm not superstitious.

clean.jpg

clean1.jpg

Lrider

Chief Petty Officer

My boat has some nice cut graphics such as the other boats noted above, where do you find a place to cut the decals and what kind of money are we talking about

98Shabah

Chief Petty Officer

The name that the boat came with was "Blue Sky" which was my father's nick name at work before he retired, we bought the boat from him this spring and have renamed it "Feelin' Nauti", which was my wife's choice. My personal favs on our list of boat names were:

Gettin' Wet
Comp Time
Aquaholic

I got mine from here: http://www.vinzdecals.com/ and the price was much more reasonable ($15) than at any of the "boat decal" online stores.

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

We named ours using our last name. DAY'sDREAM.

Even got plates for our two vehicles to match. DYSDRM1 and DYSDRM2.

We got the idea from my best friend who always says he's "livin' life, chasing the dream". When we bought our new boat, he said that we were living his dream...so we ran with it. "livin' the dream, chasing life":D

J. Howard

Petty Officer 3rd Class

My boat was called Madness when I bought it but it had a cursive painted-on name that was starting to fade and also had an Absolut bottle painted in front of the name, which I didn't like.

I kept the name the same but wanted to personalize it a bit; I went to Michigan and my wife went to Illinois (the block I is a little bit harder to see).
IMG_0324.jpg

CarrierSquid

Seaman

Southern Yankee.... Guess because I might have been born up north but got south as fast as I could... still in the rebuild procedures... will post pictures as soon as it is completed

bekosh

Lieutenant

Our name is a reminder. The first time I drove a deep-v hull was on our seatrial and it was a little choppy. After running out onto Lake Winnebago, I turned to head back to the dock and she tipped over the top of a wave. I was almost thrown to the floor and the broker went sliding across the bench seat. :eek: The wife was screaming at me "NOT SO FAST!" :D
Waverly8-25-07001.jpg

woosterken

Lieutenant

not so catchy as others but She is a classic lady and an MFG gypsy
had a sign shop do it up for $60.00 installed

IM000007.jpg

woosterken

mxzeatr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

'Feels So Right'

We just bought the boat two weeks ago, name was on it, it stuck already and we've been adding a 'GUH!' since thats an inside joke amongst our friends. I've already ordered the 'GUH!' in the same color/script for the other side of the boat, there is a 6" space over there perfect for it. Should look good and be good for some laughs!

Attachments

• CIMG6452fsr.JPG
    CIMG6452fsr.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 0

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

"Driftwood"

Although the name isn't on the boat just yet.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

Mine is my user name here a play on words for pukin' overboard. My V-17 I decided it will be
"Reel Boobs"

KermieB

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Bought it with this name.. kept it.

Attachments

• Lostwages.jpg
    Lostwages.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 0

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Here are pics of my boats.

The first is a 2003 21' Angler CC. I call it "Fish Feeder". The name pretty much says it all.

The other is our 2001 37' Carver Voyager. It's named "Stick's Competition". My wife is 5' 10" and about 125lbs (don't tell her I told you :eek:). I've called her "Stick" since the day I met her. Hence...Stick's Competition.

P.S...That's the first mate grinning on the back! :D

Attachments

• HPIM0854.jpg
    HPIM0854.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 0
  • SC1.jpg
    SC1.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 0