Should I worry ?

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade
My neighbor and good friend have been playing practical jokes on each other for a year now . It finally involved our boats . He has a 14 foot john boat with an electric trolling motor and I have the 90 hp speedboat . My boat was missing one day from the dock and there was a note that just said " HEE HEE"
I found it down the canal with a note saying " Top this one " ....

Sooo knowing he likes to get a cardio workout by rowing as far as he can and then using the trolling motor to get back and cool down .... I just watched him leave , Should I just leave the prop to the trolling motor on his dock or should I claim it and fear retribution ?

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: Should I worry ?

I would hope the weather doesn't turn while he is out and / or keep your boat at the ready to go to the rescue if necessary. That is if your boat is still there !!!!!:D:D:D

tallcanadian

Captain

To bad you couldn't hang his prop on the rearview mirror of his car. Too funny.

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I would leave a note on the dock with the prop that said 'I think I did":D:D:D

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

You guys are doing too much work........

Just leave a note simply saying "gotcha ....... hope it did not do too much damage" or a note saying "sorry I, know this is over the top" and do nothing........ psychological attacks are normally the most effecting.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

I suggest you guys call a truce. Practical jokes can often escalate out of control.

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I suggest you guys call a truce. Practical jokes can often escalate out of control.

Oh, come on. It's all funny until someone gets hurt:eek:...then it's hillarious:D:D.

Just kidding. But I do like the idea of the psych-out note. Sit back and watch him frantically look everything over trying to figure out what you did.:p

The_Kid

Chief Petty Officer

I can think of a couple of things. Vaseline the oar handles, or tie a couple of cinder blocks to the bow eye with enough cord to keep them out of sight. The extra drag will give him an even better workout.

gonefishie

Commander

You could just loosen the prop nut or put a dead fish or raccoon in his truck like in Grumpy Old Men. Good friend or not, I'd set a limit on practical jokes. Don't mess with the boat or the woman.

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

Just leave it on the dock. He'll know exactly who put it there.:p

npd4432

Chief Petty Officer

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

The problem you have has little to do with where you leave the prop......it is 'what' is coming back you may have a problem with.
Cheers
Phillip

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Oh, come on. It's all funny until someone gets hurt:eek:...then it's hillarious:D:D.

Just kidding. But I do like the idea of the psych-out note. Sit back and watch him frantically look everything over trying to figure out what you did.:p

LOL! Then it shows up on "Americans Stupidest.." with Danny Bonatuci commenting on how idiotic the stunt was. Love that show!!!

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Update : He came back .. rowing while I was on my porch and flipped me off ..Docked his boat , came over with the peace offering beer and we decided to leave boats out of this !

I was standing by and ready to go tow him in if he had called me or if the weather had changed .

PS does anyone know what kind of glue will stick to a garbage can lid but not ruin it ?

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Update : He came back .. rowing while I was on my porch and flipped me off ..Docked his boat , came over with the peace offering beer and we decided to leave boats out of this !

I was standing by and ready to go tow him in if he had called me or if the weather had changed .

PS does anyone know what kind of glue will stick to a garbage can lid but not ruin it ?

Probably a good idea to leave the boats out of it. As for the garbage can, how about hot glue???? :D

pecheux

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Then how far are you both ready to go ? And how and when will it end ? Do you both have cute wives ??? (jest a tought ... lol)

Bass2Reds

Cadet

I would loosen the nut on the prop for the trolling motor just about to where it falls off (to the very last thread) then while he is out on the water he'll drop the trolling motor down and kick it in gear to find the prop buzzing away to the bottom the lake or ocean. Then he might get wet or bust his *** rowing all the way back in. Gotta use the evil thinking cap sometimes man..

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade

OK for the few of you that did not read or understand the first post , I took his prop off .. I did give it back and just got done sealing his garbage can lids :D

raven7

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Make a nice bumper sticker for the back of his truck/car that says" I"m Gay and want to Prove it!" Then see how many days he drives before he notices it.

Last edited: