UPS rant...

MRS

Commander
Re: UPS rant...

I just had a problem with USPS I bought a tackle box to install in the boat on e-bay needed it for a striper derby ordered it six weeks before the derby. After two weeks no nothing had a tracking # said it had sat in one place for one week:mad: So e-mailed the USPS they disconected the tracking # said sorry and hoped I would still use there service in the future you can guess what I replied they never answered again offered no help what so ever. Contacted the seller and you know what they did they sent me another one in time to install for the derby and asked if I ever did get the oridginal to return it. It did come UPS the one from the USPS came 1 month from date ordered:mad:. Yes I did send the first one back to the seller and will definitly order from them again but not through the USPS. Here we do not get Saturday UPS service.

older

Banned

UPS gives me the best service. The delivery guy actually stops to talk fishing stories when I order stuff. Fedex is okay too.

DHL is a horror story.

USPS...don't get me started. :mad:

sprintst

Commander

My last shipment had 83.95 added in for brokerage fees on a 453.62 item over and above what the seller paid for shipping. There was no duty charged so it was pure bs. They just left the package on my step with no signature required as well.

I go purely USPS on what I can find as the cross border fees by UPS and the like is a scam.

As long as I can track my package I'm cool with it. I've always liked USPS in comparison with Canada Post. USPS is a deal and a half in comparison.

204 Escape

Ensign

We had a situation with Fed-Up, a few months back. We were to receive 2 replacement phones. They were shipped by Fed-Up. We set in the house and watched the Fed-Up truck pass our house, the day we were to receive them. (This was 9 a.m. in the morning).

At 11:57, on their web-site, they showed that the package(s) had been delivered !! WHAT !?!?!? So, I called Fed-Up. They had been delivered to the same street and same house number as mine, 10 MILES SOUTH OF MY HOUSE !!!!!!!!!

Fed-Up said that they would find out what had happened. The delivery truck showed up 4 hours later, with the 2 packages. The address, name, and zip code was absolutely CORRECT on the box !!!!! It seems that the driver couldn't read, OR was geographically confused !!!!! (The zip codes were not EVEN CLOSE, and the town name were not either).

When the driver showed up, I looked at the box, and it was labeled correctly, so I ask him to read the label to me. He did, and said, "I guess I need to pay more attention, don't I ??" Ya think ??

This isn't the first time with Fed-Up either.

older

Banned

Okay, now you got me going.

I ordered a fish finder through Amazon and waited for the normal delivery, nothing special. I tracked it through the USPS tracking system and showed that it arrived at a post office locally and was scanned in, so I thought a day or two and it'll be here. Over a week goes by and there are no new updates on the status of the package other than the initial scanning so I drove to that post office and inquired about my package. The counter clerk takes my scanned number and looks in the back and tells me that he has no records of it being scanned in at all! :mad: I then trace over to the little local office near my home and what do you know, it's been sitting in their back room for over a week!

Okay, only one more and you'll love this one.

I bought this condo in 1990 and it has a bank of mailboxes for many units. One day, I believe it was a Wednesday, my little mailbox was stuffed with mail but it was for me and two other families. I'm sure you have seen the advertising mailers wrapped around you normal mail, well I had three of those bundles in my mailbox. I called the USPS and they said that the carrier was a new person so they will be sending a supervisor out with him/her on Saturday. I guess the supervisor made a difference that day as I only had two families bundles of mail! :D:eek::confused::rolleyes::eek:

Anyone remember that Johnny Carson skit with Betty White about Tarzan and Jane?

Travis798

Seaman Apprentice

I've seen a lot of these type threads on different forums and it always amazes me. I guess it just depends on where you live. Personally I love UPS and don't really like to deal with FedEx. UPS can actually find my house, FedEx can't. There have been times I have been home all day and don't get my delivery. They take it to the local post office and leave it there saying nobody answered the door. UPS has always been very timely in shipping to me, FedEx usually runs at least a day or 2 late. It's pretty sad actually, as I live in a small town, there are 3 houses on my street, I own two of them and my mom owns the other, yet FedEx can't find my house.

To the credit of FedEx, my last delivery with them got here earlier than I expected and the driver came to my door to ask me where I live lol. UPS typically delivers here around 3-4pm and FedEx was here by 9am. It was a new driver to this area, so maybe service with them will improve now as well.

MRS

Commander

UPS and FED-EX No trouble USPS totally SUC**s ... At least in my last two dealings with them. Now when I buy anything on line if they only use USPS I will not buy....

older

Banned

UPS and FED-EX No trouble USPS totally SUC**s ... At least in my last two dealings with them. Now when I buy anything on line if they only use USPS I will not buy....

My GF has this USPS carrier that is really great. He goes out of his way to make sure his customers get really great service. We even know his rotating days off during the week! You guessed it, all of her mail problems happen when he's off for the day. The bad thing is that he will be retiring in less than a year. :(

MRS

Commander

My GF has this USPS carrier that is really great. He goes out of his way to make sure his customers get really great service. We even know his rotating days off during the week! You guessed it, all of her mail problems happen when he's off for the day. The bad thing is that he will be retiring in less than a year. :(

Well that works great for you but he was not working my street so I will still not trust the USPS. I cannot trust them period. But I am glad you had good luck with them...

older

Banned

Well that works great for you but he was not working my street so I will still not trust the USPS. I cannot trust them period. But I am glad you had good luck with them...

Let me clear this up. SHE has good service. I still have adequate service at best where I live.

MRS

Commander

I am glad for the both of you not mad at you just happy somebody gets some service but I know it is not me.:):):)

Tig

Chief Petty Officer

UPS once opened an account in my name after I shipped a package through an agent and paid by CC. A ten year battle ensued. Long story short, UPS would not stop accepting shipments on "my" account even though I refused to pay.
I finally came up with a letter that got their attention. First time I faxed it, Dunn & Bradstreet apologized and UPS went away for a few years but ultimately came back. I faxed the same letter to the same person at UPS and they went away again.
UPS never apologized. I keep the file and letter to this day.
What a way to run a business.