1984 mariner 115 inline 6 boggs at wot

reynold460

Petty Officer 2nd Class
motor runs fine except at wot when u throttle up to wot will run fine sometimes for about 30 seconds or so then boggs down to about 4000 rpm when u pump primer bulb motor motor picks right back up and runs fine for 30 seconds or so then bogs again ....if i continue to pump bulb motor continues to run fine so i think that this definatly points to fuel issue ......have put diaphram kit in fuel pump.... changed plugs... put new fuel filter on it.... dont know where else to go at this point wanted to see what you guys thought thanks

narvlebenoit

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1984 mariner 115 inline 6 boggs at wot

sounds like you may have to take fuel pump apart again and make sure erevy thing is okay.But you may have a air leak some where.

arsenalpsu

Petty Officer 1st Class

Did you only replace the diaphragm and all the seals in the fuel pump? There are two springs in the fuel pump, make sure they are working. If the pump is good I'd make sure the carbs are clean. Also make sure you're tank has a clear and easy way to get air in it. IF all of that is good i'd start replacing the fuel lines.

reynold460

Petty Officer 2nd Class

yea replaced all diaphrams and gaskets in pump mine only has one spring that goes to the button that pushes on the diaphram ...does anyone know if 3/8 id fuel line is too big for pump to keep full although it has worked fine in the past with this line

turbinedoctor

Petty Officer 1st Class

How old is your primer bulb? Your problem could be in there.

reynold460

Petty Officer 2nd Class

bulb is 2 yrs old... have found the thru hull fitting that comes from tank is for 5/16 fuel line and the hoses dont fit tight on barb / using 3/8 line / so ordering correct fitting hopin was suckin air here .....also noticed when u pump up bulb fuel filter fills up then slowly the gas seeps back out of filter does not hold gas in filter does this point to something or is this normal

reynold460

Petty Officer 2nd Class

also bulb doesnt stay hard when running does this point to something