Does this prop need to be replaced?

hshift

Seaman Apprentice
I've had the boat in my sig for about a year now. The pics show its current state after I filed down some of the nicks from debris and scraping bottom one time last season. Is this damage fixable, or should I replace it? Thanks in advance to all the prop masters here.

Attachments

• P5300058.JPG
    P5300058.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 0
  • P5300059.JPG
    P5300059.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 0
  • P5300060.JPG
    P5300060.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

95cajun

Seaman
Re: Does this prop need to be replaced?

Can't tell if it is aluminum or stainless, I can tell you that I have run some props that were not in the best of shape. I don't know the performance your asking of your boat. I do know that an out of balance prop is bad news! It will fry your lower unit. If it is aluminum and took a good hit there could be more damage than visable. It would be best to have a reputable prop shop check it out. If you can't find one close to you check Conroe marine in Conroe Texas. I have never used them but the ship all over I believe it free return shipping with repair, but don't hold me to that. I want to have my prop reworked when I have time. They can add a cup if yours doesn't have one, this will help grab the water.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Does this prop need to be replaced?

Not bad and very easily fixable.For the health of your gearcase I would have a prop shop give it a tune up. Probably a flat rate they will quote over the phone based on the application.