opinion for minnkota 30 battery

drmax

Recruit
Hello, new here and have done a little searching. I have a 10' jon boat with a minnkota 30 transem motor and need a battery. I am going to purchase the minnkota 10 amp auto charger, but need a decent battery. I only use this for the motor, maybe pushing around 400 lbs and not very often. Summer use, occasional pond fisherman on 6 acre lake. (2 hrs max. trolling per day) I don't mind a large battery, for I simply carry and place on the boat floor when using. Could someone please recommend a deep cycle battery? Thank you, Greg

TerryMSU

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: opinion for minnkota 30 battery

Get an optima blue top (AGM type).

TerryMSU

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The Optima i$ a pretty good Choice $$$.

Best buy is Everstart Marine Maxx.

drmax

Recruit

The Optima i$ a pretty good Choice $$$.

Best buy is Everstart Marine Maxx.

Per my 1st post, which "group" number of Maxx would you recommend? WalM has a 24,27 & 29 of Everstart. I read where I should look on the battery for the highest RC value. (which not even sure the Maxx lists this)
Didn't want overkill due to my above written personal needs. Or does this fall in lines with the "bigger is better" theory? Thx a bunch.

Last edited:

rndn

Commander

Welcome to the forum!!:):)
The larger the battery, the longer run time. I have a group 27 on my 55# thrust and it works great. I am able to use it for a full day of trolling or casting along the shore and have yet to run it out of power.