Anybody Recommend a GPS?

JimKW

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have never had a GPS and just started looking at them. All the ones I find are just for driving with maps. I wanted something I could use on the boat also.

Triton II

Commander
Re: Anybody Recommend a GPS?

I've had two marine Garmins (still have a GPSMap 550S), one automotive and one aviation GPS over the past ten years - never had a moment's problem with any of them. Thoroughly recommend their products.

http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/us

TII

saumon

Lieutenant

Ditto; you could choose any brand you want as long as it's a Garmin!

CaptNCamille

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Garmin 378 has inland charts, Garmin 478 has coastal charts. I have the 478 which I use in my car and boat. They both come with street maps as well. The screen is kind of small but the unit works very well. I would recomend it.

BugsBunnyBoater

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Take a look at The CPF300i . Its by standard horizon. Its a 7 inch unit with gps and fishfinder all in one

trendsetter240

Lieutenant

I use a Garmin 60cx hand-held unit. It works excellent in the boat and in the car. Has more features on it than I would ever need.

abarron

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I just installed a Hummingbird 385ci combo,with GPS Chartploter.fishfinding,mapping,color ,switchfire sonar,waypoint marking,birds eye viewing,tracking,temp,GPS speed,and temp,:D all color,and modestly priced at 400.00 its brand new 1st year with no reveiws,i put it on my 1985 Skeeter F80 to troll for muskys,I LOVE IT SO FAR!!

bryan01601

Seaman Apprentice

I just bought a garmin GPSMAP 431s and love it so far!