If a power pack is bad???

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
Does a bad power pack cause a motor to run crappy or does it not run at all?? Trying to troubleshoot my 95 150hp Ocean pro that has good compression in all 6 but is running rough and sounding like it is at 1/2 power.Charlie

countvlad

Chief Petty Officer
Re: If a power pack is bad???

Does a bad power pack cause a motor to run crappy or does it not run at all?? Trying to troubleshoot my 95 150hp Ocean pro that has good compression in all 6 but is running rough and sounding like it is at 1/2 power.Charlie

if it runs i would start checking other things.... check spark, carburetors might be dirty, timing? we need more info.... what caused the motor to run crappy?

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

Cant seem to figure why its running crappy.Ran like a champ on mmuffs in my driveway one day.The next day,it was struggling to stay running .Never even left the driveway.Checked compression which was 125 in all 6. Did a decarb.added new fuel and changed h20/fuel seperator.Carb filter had a few tiny particles but nothing of a clogging nature.I will replace it mif I can figure out how to remove it from the plastic housing.Charlie

countvlad

Chief Petty Officer

Cant seem to figure why its running crappy.Ran like a champ on mmuffs in my driveway one day.The next day,it was struggling to stay running .Never even left the driveway.Checked compression which was 125 in all 6. Did a decarb.added new fuel and changed h20/fuel seperator.Carb filter had a few tiny particles but nothing of a clogging nature.I will replace it mif I can figure out how to remove it from the plastic housing.Charlie

when were last time the carburetors rebuild? decarb helps but nothing compares with a rebuild.... check spark on all cylinders and spark gap... one of your coils might went bad... if you have spark you can move to fuel...