how to repair stress cracks on side of tracker 17 from stringers

tracker17

Recruit
After removing carpet , plywood and foam we are down to bare metal on tracker 17 floor. Metal stringers are visable pressure washed and flooded boat about 4 inches of water. Found 4 leaks. 1 on a loose rivet in center. The other 3 are on end of metal stringers. Cannot see them from inside the boat because of the stringers. but under the boat about 1 inch up on the side of the boat there are stress cacks about 1 inch long that the water is dripping from. how do i get gluvit to this point from the inside when the stringers are in the way. would i be better off to jb weld the outside as well gluvit on the inside. If I use jbweld will it penetrate the stress cracks from the outside. Please keep in mind that we didnot remove carpeted sidepanels and they are riveted into the side of the boat also how long to let gluvit dry before reflood to see if leaks are sealed before replacing floor.

Thanks alot please reply with any help I hear the fish are stacking up in the backwaters waiting on me. :D

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Re: how to repair stress cracks on side of tracker 17 from stringers

Multiple 1" long cracks on stress points are not a good candidate for Gluvit or any other similar fix. Sounds like you need to visit your local welder to see if the can be fixed that way.