Need Help picking a gift for my Grand daughter

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
My granddaughter Karen is 2 years old today :D I have to attend a party tomorrow late afternoon.

I figure I have 24 hours to have a gift ready. I am at a total loss :confused: I know she is loaded with dolls and toys........ HELP!!!

Any suggestions from other grand parents??

Any suggestions from parents of 2 year old age group girls?

Any suggestions for those of you who "may have" a 2 year old child running around out there ???:p

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Need Help picking a gift for my Grand daughter

GF has a 2 yr. old grand daughter. Last Christmas I gave her a slinky.

Once she opened it she ignored all the other "high tech" toys and
played with it for hours.:)

Huron Angler

Admiral

My youngest son turned 2 on the 10th:)

My recommendation is to buy her a nice brand-new Scooby-Doo closed face fishing pole;) They come with hookless plastic fish for casting practice.

slia67

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bath tub toys. At that age both my kids loved to play in the bath tub. They would play until the water was cold.

Tig

Chief Petty Officer

Bath tub toys. At that age both my kids loved to play in the bath tub. They would play until the water was cold.

Lots of good ideas but tub toys are really good. They have the added bonus of making kids want to sit down in tub during their bath.

angus63

Captain

My granddaughter Karen is 2 years old today :D I have to attend a party tomorrow late afternoon.

I figure I have 24 hours to have a gift ready. I am at a total loss :confused: I know she is loaded with dolls and toys........ HELP!!!

Any suggestions from other grand parents??

Any suggestions from parents of 2 year old age group girls?

Any suggestions for those of you who "may have" a 2 year old child running around out there ???:p

Tickets to a local zoo or amusement park. A stuffed animal for her to remember the trip. And extra tickets for you and Grandma to enjoy the experience too! Giving Grandkids your time is the best gift....

aspeck

Staff member

A new Glock (to be kept at grandpa's till she is old enough)!

A gun raffle ticket ... I know where you can get one and it would benefit a local fire department ... chance to win one of 90 guns, 8 cash prizes, or 2 4-wheelers (PM me ;):p)

If you don't like those first two suggestions (which I think are great, by the way), go with the tub toys, or any of the age appropriate Discovery Toys. Wife used to "sell" them when they kids were of age ... they are great toys that keep the childs attention and they learn while they are having fun.

ftl900

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Anything DORA.

Anything Wonder Pets. Chances are, she already knows the theme song.

bouttime007

Chief Petty Officer

Kiddie pool? Or water sprinkler doodad thingy?

Kiddie fishing pole for practice was a huge hit with my grandson at that age.

eavega

Lieutenant

If you wanna spend the bux:

A bounce house. My girls have had one since they could walk, and they love it. they are 4 and 5 respectively, and they still love it. Whenever we roll it out and other neighborhood kids see it, it turns into a preschooler party. Downside, they are about $250

Otherwise, we have been giving "Hop 'n bounce" balls to the various birthday kids this year. Those are the inflatable balls with a handle at the top that kids sit on, then bounce around holding the handle. Hours of fun, and gets kids active.

-E

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade

A whole bunch of cardboard boxes, just big enough to play Fort in... And a couple of sheets for a roof. :D

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Picked up the Fisher Price Little People Happy Sounds Home and a few other odds and ends ;)

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

FBPirate95

Master Chief Petty Officer

You "tested" it before you bought it didn't you.....admit it.

Summer Fun

Banned

I would of bought her a $50 savings bond . :)

rogerwa

Commander

Bubble and bubble wands.. they love em and its cheap.

Bigprairie1

Commander

A new Glock (to be kept at grandpa's till she is old enough)!

A gun raffle ticket ... I know where you can get one and it would benefit a local fire department ... chance to win one of 90 guns, 8 cash prizes, or 2 4-wheelers (PM me ;):p)

I'm with aspeck on this...you are never too young for your first gun and a Glock is a great one, one of the best ever made!!
Hopefully her ma and pa would be good with this idea.
all good
BP:):cool:

mike243

Petty Officer 2nd Class

im a little late but a lifetime sportsman lic if your state offers 1,here in Tn its $200 up to 3 years of age,i bought my granddaughter hers & my grandson also,its a gift that will last their whole lives.or something with dora or spongebob will work :) ,enjoy them as much as you can while their small,they grow up to be teenagers :eek::D ,mike243