Craig's List FAQ

BuzzStPoint

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Craig's List FAQ

I posted an ad a few weeks ago to see if someone can measure up some seats if they had some. I got an email today from a gal that asked if I had gotten the dimensions yet.

I told her not yet, (even though I'm building them now). She replies, saying she found some dimensions and they look like it should work. I go to the link and it's a signup form. I email back and simply put. Signup.. Nice try..

RSR1010

Cadet
Re: Craig's List FAQ This has to be the best!!!

Re: Craig's List FAQ This has to be the best!!!

19 ft Bayliner Carpi , 120 hp. Engine needs a little work, I did a compression test and cylinders 1-3 had 90 lbs and 4th cylinder reads 40 lbs of pressure. I don't understand because the boat has a lot of power. I am not sure if I am doing it correctly. Anyway I had a new lower unit installed 4 yrs ago. The boat is currently stuck in forward and I?m not sure why. I was told that maybe the linkage has to be adjusted but at $85 an hour for a boat mechanic to check it out I can?t afford it right now. I have no money to spend on this hobby and I?m not even close to being a mechanic. The overheat alarm buzzer goes off but it does not get hot, needs battery and the speedometer cable does not work. I am the second owner of this boat, original owner was an elderly couple (they had it for 10 yrs) who used it twice a year so the Interior is in very good condition, 1 seat has rip's the other seats look pretty good. This boat cleans up really nice. The boat was only used in a fresh water lake and has never seen salt water in its life. The boat has an inspection sticker for 2010 but it just expired last month. The pictures are from last year. It?s a little dirty right now because of storage but before I put it in the water I wax and scrub the interior and it looks awesome! I have 4 boat covers, 1 motor cover, 2 for winter storage and 1 new cover I just bought tailored at a local marina (cost $450). Also have bimini top but it has a couple small holes that need to be repaired. Have extra parts that can be used if needed from the last time the lower end was rebuilt including housing & shaft. Also have $200 worth of new bearings that were never used. Have all parts and repair manuals. This sale is for local pick up only. I will deliver the boat anywhere in NJ for $100. The sale is for the boat only. No trailer is included in the price. I do have a trailer for the boat I can sell seperately if you if you need one.
:redface:

saumon

Lieutenant

Did you make this one or is it a real ad? It didn't ask for a price but, wow, a faded boat with a blown powerhead and a trashed lower unit should a least worth 3000$, right? ;)

Bluegills Unlimited

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Older 19' fiberglass v-hull with a 135hp mercury kiekhaefer motor and a 2nd 135hp mercurry kiekhaefer that runs but knox {can use for parts}. Boat decking has a couple of soft spots and one of the seats need to be replaced however 1 of the motors are worth the price so don't waste my time with low ball offers.

Knox??? :confused:

Andy in NY

Commander

or there is a secret chamber inside that holds the countrys gold...

jeffnick

Senior Chief Petty Officer

knox as in Fort Knox...where you'll need to go to get enough money to get the boat/motor water ready.

jayjr5

Recruit

i saw a gl ad yesterday. for a waverunner. ran good two weeks ago. no motor. someone will probably buy it from the idiot to

Kaplooi

Seaman

I've been seeing " being used for feet a lot lately.

/wonder if this has to do with the HS graduation rate?

I don't think we should necessarily assume that just because a CL poster is functionally illiterate that he didn't graduate from high school. Obviously some parts of the country place less value on education than others. One of my co-workers who grew up in a 'rural' area where the predominant profession is farming said it was common for kids to graduate being unable to read the diploma that's handed to them. Remember this isn't an issue if you can make a living without having to enter the private sector where graduate degrees are typically required. Still, it would be nice if everyone could read and write with at least a minimal degree of competency.

I bought a Craigslist special from a seller out in the sticks last summer that I knew full well was a neglecto-boat before I even went to look at it because the Craigslist-speak gave it away. I was specifically looking for a project boat having just finished a project car and boy did I get one! It's finished now but it needed everything (deck, stringers, transom, ALL upholstery, etc). I couldn't stop myself from laughing out loud, with the seller standing right there next to me, when I saw plants had taken root in the sole locker carpeting. I consider it the pinnacle of owner neglect if you can manage to let your boat sit long enough to be capable of sustaining life. :D

CATransplant

Admiral

I know that one:

For Sell!!!!!!! Used boat. Needs TLC. Plants Free! $1500. No emails. Serious Buyers Only. Call me.
(seller neglects to include phone number).

CATransplant

Admiral
Today's favorite CL ad

Today's favorite CL ad

10 hrs engine

HAVE A 10 HORSE THAT HAS BEEN PAINTED FOR DUCK HUNTING. HAVE NOT RAN IT SINCE LAST YEAR. IT WORKS GREAT JUST BOUGHT A SKI BOAT SO DONT NEED ANYMORE. I BELIVE IT IS A MERCURY OR EVENRUDE NOT SURE ON YEAR. BUT LIKE I SAID IT WORKS GREAT. READY TO GO TODAY. PLEASE NO EMAILS CALL AT xxx xxxx-xxxx THANK YOU JOSH. WILL POST PIC AS SOON AS I GET OUT OF WORK TONIGHT HOPEFULLY.

Only 10 hours on this Mercury or "Evenrude?" What a deal! And it works great, too...last year.

jimbarrt

Cadet

Our CL has somebody trying to sell their Caddy Cabin [cuddy]. But he got me to click, in case it was a cadillac, those vintage Cadillac Lummies are sweet!
The newspaper runs classifieds 'until they sell'. Can anybody figure out why this ad has been on there over a year?

CUSTOM CREST 15' Fiberglass boat with trailer. Outboard propulsion. Includes: 2 motors Erinmade, "Lark II series" PRICE REDUCED! $2,400 negotiable 570-417-3940

D

DJ

My experience with CL is definetely "mixed".

I've found some bargains.

Also, I've found that my last listing was responded to by nothing but SCAMMERS. You all know them: "Send me this, I'll send you that".

Yea, right.