some jerk keyed my car last night

Philip_G

Chief Petty Officer
I really dislike society :mad:
went to a show downtown last night, parked in a parking garage and the guy to my left was crooked in his spot, encroaching on mine, I parked parallel to him, then reparked as straight as I could in the spot to give both sides some room, guess the guy next to me didn't like that as he keyed the car.
I have the garage looking for his plate on security footage, I doubt they'll find anything if they even look, I also happened to take note of the vehicle so I'll be checking the garage randomly looking for it myself. I'll be surprised if I find him again.

bkwapisz

Chief Petty Officer
Re: some jerk eyed my car last night

Well I guess he really showed you. What a knob. Doesn't pay to have anything nice outside of that garage anymore. :mad:

Philip_G

Chief Petty Officer

Well I guess he really showed you. What a knob. Doesn't pay to have anything nice outside of that garage anymore. :mad:

I had a weird vibe about it, I almost took a pic of the car with my cellphone but didn't. Wish I had :mad:

badkins50

Senior Chief Petty Officer

no that guy that keyed your car is a real doose. it doesn't happen often but if I ever have to take the truck to the store or a parking lot, I will park as far away as I can and I'll actually take up two spots. Again as far away as I can. I agree it doesn't pay to have nice things when other people out there doesn't care about theres. Sorry about your vehicle.

Jeff-in-PA

Chief Petty Officer

no that guy that keyed your car is a real doose. it doesn't happen often but if I ever have to take the truck to the store or a parking lot, I will park as far away as I can and I'll actually take up two spots. Again as far away as I can. I agree it doesn't pay to have nice things when other people out there doesn't care about theres. Sorry about your vehicle.

Taking two spots can **** people off too.:mad:

I usually don't have a problem. I drop the wife off and go park and sit in the suburban or Jeep. Oh yeah, I have a 160 lb dog with me too. :D

Philip_G

Chief Petty Officer

didn't notice the topic typo until now, oops.

I usually take the jeep if I'm going to park in a parking garage because I don't care if it's dinged or scratched, couldn't this time. I hope it's not a one time thing for him and he parks there often because I'll run into him again.

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

I never park next to a "crooked parker".
Nothing "good" will happen.:(

Too bad about your vehicle, lesson learned
huh?:D

dave11

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Sorry about youe vehicle. The guy is one of those who blames his shortcomings on everybody else.

45Auto

Commander

Cool, I'll have to remember that next time I see someone parked crooked! Just key the car next to him, and the person who parked straight will automatically ASSuME that it was the crooked parker, no matter who actually did it.

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: some jerk keyed my car last night

I am sorry to hear about you getting "KEYED"
If my car was getting 'EYED", that's alot different. (I see you got the typo)

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Cool, I'll have to remember that next time I see someone parked crooked! Just key the car next to him, and the person who parked straight will automatically ASSuME that it was the crooked parker, no matter who actually did it.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

I just park way far away from everyone. I am an anti-social parker.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

Probably irritated with the way the guy parked...although when that guy got there, the guys next to him might have been the cause of the problem.
Tried to make a statement....didn't work.

Not sure why he is looking forward to finding the guy who may have absolutely nothing to do with the damage.

"Hey...did you key my car??!!!....No?...Oh..."...then what? :confused:

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Personally I never park next to a noticeably badly parked vehicle. Move on and find a better spot even if it is a little further. I also detest seeing someone that deliberately takes 2 spaces because they feel they are different than everyone else. If I ran the parking lot it would be a towable offence clearly posted at the entrance. If you need that kind of space then stay home.
Just my 2 cents though.

LadyFish

Admiral

Well Kenmyfam, I'm one of those people that has to take up two spaces at times. The parking spaces are much narrower and shorter in some lots and the duelly just dosen't fit. I do try to park as far away as possible from the store where there's more open spaces but have had my share of dirty looks. Anyone that drives a 'fat girl' understands.

jjzepplin

Seaman

Woke up and went out to my new Rover and It was keyed ! Got mad and went to work. Stayed up most of the night watching and waiting ....Fell asleep, went out to go to work and the other side was keyed ! Stayed up all night watching and waiting went to the bathroom and went outside to look around and there was finger-nail polish (two shades) all over the top. Ended up being my girlfriends sister was jealous about her new boyfriend ??????!!!! HUH Any way took her wheeling in the Rubicon (CALIFORNIA) scratched it dented it cracked the windshield and had a ball. When the trip was over I took it to my insurance and told them of the vandalism and they gave me enough money for the vandalism to also fix the other dents and everything else including a new windshield. (I told them about the things I had done so as not to be in trouble for ins fraud and they appreciated that) I even had a few bucks left over and went and bought a new boat.( I had a friend do the body work and paint and found a discount windshield.) ANYWAY went back to my girlfriends house to break-up (towing my new boat) and her sister was there so I thanked her for her vandalism ! As I left I called the police and told them she had confessed and was at the house. She was not too happy when she saw my refurbished rig with a boat attached and that made me very happy. MORAL::: I'm not sure exactly and wouldn't want to go through that again but I came out on top. Sorry to hear about your misfortune and some people suck. I think they know who they are!!

badkins50

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Taking two spots can **** people off too.:mad:

It's ok if someone gets pissed off at me, at least it keeps people away and door dings off my truck. No-one has said anything yet, if they do then they need to get a real life and worry about something more important than a truck taking up two spots all they way at the end of the parking lot. I'm not talking about parking close or anything, I'm talking far away where they pile up all the parking lot snow in the winter (you live in pa, you know what I'm talking about).

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Back in the day my grandmother's car got hit and run at the mall. My uncle told her to start parking further away. So she did......then she had her hubcaps stolen :eek:

Aviator5

Chief Petty Officer

Well, my vehicle is in a such shape that I can live with another scratch or two.
So when I see a badly parked vehicle I would park as close to him as possible.
Just to **** him off :D

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I really dislike society :mad:
went to a show downtown last night, parked in a parking garage and the guy to my left was crooked in his spot, encroaching on mine, I parked parallel to him, then reparked as straight as I could in the spot to give both sides some room, guess the guy next to me didn't like that as he keyed the car.
I have the garage looking for his plate on security footage, I doubt they'll find anything if they even look, I also happened to take note of the vehicle so I'll be checking the garage randomly looking for it myself. I'll be surprised if I find him again.
Umm, so you were not there when he keyed your car? How do you know that it was him?? Not just some random act of vandalism??? Purely conjecture at this point...
Dont get me wrong, getting a long deep scratch in your car is terribly annoying, especially if it is your special car.:( Time for a trip to the body shop.

skargo

Banned

Well, my vehicle is in a such shape that I can live with another scratch or two.
So when I see a badly parked vehicle I would park as close to him as possible.
Just to **** him off :D
Me too, my truck has rust and dents and I could care less. I love when a new BMW is parked crooked when there are a ton of spots further away. I'll pull right next to those doofs.