On My Promotion to Full Admiral

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: On My Promotion to Full Admiral

I noticed you were very close this morning.....

Congratulations and thank you for all of your support! Keep up the great work!!! :D

CATransplant

Admiral

Thanks, Bob. It's been my pleasure. I came here six years ago with a 1958 Johnson RDS-20 and got talked through getting it running again, thanks to all the folks who were here at the time...especially Paul Moir.

So, I stuck around and moved from boat to boat and outboard to outboard. I'm glad to help when I can.

phwrd

Petty Officer 1st Class

Congrat's and i too thank you for all of your help !

If you were across town, i would be there with the G&T, but as it you will just have to come down to sunny florida for it. Sacrifice I know...

Jeep Man

Commander

Congratulations Admiral, your fleet, and lowly minions, await your command. Thank you for your help, your humor, and your common sense.

FBPirate95

Master Chief Petty Officer

Congrats SIR! (as I salute)

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

you now get to quit, going behind the port o let. key is hanging on the third tree. also pay raise is in the mail.

JB

Welcome aboard, Admiral.

Initiation ceremony will take place at 2300 hours on Lake Minnetonka just off the Pillsbury Family pier. :)

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Would one of the Rear Admirals PLEASE bring me my gin and tonic?

At once!

I am no where near a Rear Admiral but I am gonna bring you a drink anyway .. But wait , Looked at the Map , no way to drive my boat up there so I will just enjoy it myself as a toast to you .. Congratulations :)

4JawChuck

Chief Petty Officer

Sir! Your Gin and tonic Sir...lemon zest and small cubes as ordered Sir!

Would the Admiral like to review the sea wenches now Sir!

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Thanks, Bob. It's been my pleasure. I came here six years ago with a 1958 Johnson RDS-20 and got talked through getting it running again, thanks to all the folks who were here at the time...especially Paul Moir.

So, I stuck around and moved from boat to boat and outboard to outboard. I'm glad to help when I can.

Paul Moir, I have not seen a post from him in quite some time. :(
A great resource of knowledge that is surely missed by many of us who have been helped by him over the years, and have regularly looked forward to reading his posts.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Congratulations to you.
Give the Rear Admirals heck !!!!:D:D

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

I just told the bartender to send you a tanqueray (sp)? and tonic.
Did you get it?

I also told him to put a lime in it.:D

Congratulations from a newbie.

dave11

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Congrats, but you'll have to get your own G&T.

JB

Nit picking military procedure.

Officers O-5 and up (Senior Officers and Flag Officers) are not addressed as "Sir". They are addressed by their rank, as in "Commander", "Captain", "Admiral", etc.

CATransplant

Admiral

Paul Moir, I have not seen a post from him in quite some time. :(
A great resource of knowledge that is surely missed by many of us who have been helped by him over the years, and have regularly looked forward to reading his posts.

I saw Paul posting over at www.aomci.org for a while, and found some posts at another boating site, but I haven't heard from him for a long time. His knowledge of older Johnnyrudes was encyclopedic, and his advice was always correct.

He was one of the helpful posters you could count on to give you the correct information. I'm sure a lot of people here miss him. I know I do. He's still around, though. Google "Paul Moir" Evinrude, and you'll locate him.

And for everyone who posted good wishes in this thread: "Shore Liberty Call at Noon!"

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

A lot of good advice given out in the course of your advancement. Congrats and thanks.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Missed this . . . Congratulations!! Always love your posts. Great advice, common sense, always seem to post with a smile. Oh, wait, that's your picture doing that. No, your posts come with a smile. All good :)