1982 Ebbtide Dyna-trak 162 bass boat/ transom leaking..

Josh.R

Recruit
hey guys i just recentley bought this boat and 1st time i took it out i noticed after i took it out of the water and pulled the plug it had a few gallons of water in the boat i brushed it off and it keeped getting wores and wores and started looking around the boat and then found it i had my head in the battery/ full tank comparment looking at the transom from the inside and there i found where the bottom bolts where my motor hooks up were sunk in and there were chips and cracks where the transom is rotting way.. i dont have the money to pay some one to repair it for me so im going to tackle it my self.. i figured i will have to pull my outboard motor off and cut the rotten stuff away but im not to sure where to go from there ive heard of the stuff called SEACAST but not sure how thats supposed to work if anyone has any info or tips that would be greatley appreciated im trying to spen as little as possible but want it done right! tournaments start back up in october here and want to be ready! thanks

Josh.R

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1982 Ebbtide Dyna-trak 162 bass boat/ transom leaking..

Start by doing a search here on "rotten transom" then "seacast", there will only be a few weeks of reading if you're fast at it. This will answer most of your current questions, after that you'll have many more new ones to ask.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1982 Ebbtide Dyna-trak 162 bass boat/ transom leaking..

The basic gist of a Seacast (or cheaper Nidabond) transom job is: remove the motor. Removed the top cap of the transom, cut out the rotted wood with an electric chainsaw (will eat the wood but won't the glass too much plus you can clearly hear it when you hit the hull), fabricate some kind of inner wall for the transom, fill the cavity with the Seacast.