what are these parts that come in my water pump kit

captk

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: what are these parts that come in my water pump kit

Fill and drain screw washers?

gofastcrazy

Seaman

ok i feel dumb now......thanks i thought i was missing something.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

What you are missing is the proper manual that is available in the Adults Section

bigskiohio

Master Chief Petty Officer

i have a manual and still took awhile to figure out where they went
so dont feel bad.

gofastcrazy

Seaman

i have it too,i would not attempt something i know nothing about without it,i have rebuilt my motor all alone with the help of you guys here on this wonderful site and the manual.i replaced all my bellows,shift cable,water pick up tube and everything on my boat that caught fire cause i did not winterize it the right way. i have never worked on a boat in my life,so i will take the great advice from people who know and are willing to help,but if you just wanna talk ****.they have live web cam site you can pay for and do that all night long while we stay here and trade information about our boats.

gofastcrazy

Seaman

now that i feel better i have a question about the shaft seal on the water pump.the MANUAL does not show or clearly state it,but does the bottom of the seal go inside or on top of the impeller housing?

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

what type of drive
Alpha slides down and sits on top, GEN II uses a installer to set the seal in the SS housing.

gofastcrazy

Seaman

thats a good question cause until the other day i thought my motor was a 94 cause the boat is. i was informed other wise by the guys here when they seen a pic of it.how do i tell which one i have?

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

alpha-compare.jpg

RL Gman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

what type of drive
Alpha slides down and sits on top, GEN II uses a installer to set the seal in the SS housing.

Ohhh crap! Are you sure it seats inside the SS housing, because I used the tool and couldnt get it to seat inside...

Starting to sound like I might be taking my O/D off for a 3rd time?! Not hijacking the thread, if this is the case, and the OP has a gen II, this is obviously an important part to note and (although I used the manual) looks like I have missed! duh.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Ohhh crap! Are you sure it seats inside the SS housing, because I used the tool and couldnt get it to seat inside...

Starting to sound like I might be taking my O/D off for a 3rd time?! Not hijacking the thread, if this is the case, and the OP has a gen II, this is obviously an important part to note and (although I used the manual) looks like I have missed! duh.

what type of drive

He should have said ON TOP OF the housing....

Gofast, Post up the serial number of your engine and we'll check the age... As I said, the hose system you have is earlier than '94. Gen II's started in 1991, so your engine will be between '91 and '93.

Chris.......