new sub and amp dont work

ofhs85

Cadet
I just bought a sony XS-L100P5M 10" subwoofer and a PYLE PLMRA220 amp. I installed them today and i cant get the sub to work. I ran power and ground wire from the battery to the amp. Ran a remote wire from head unit to amp. then ran rca cables form head unit to amp. then ran wires form sub to amp. am i missing something? the amp powers up and the sub will make a noise when swithing the amp form high to low, but thats all i get. I have 12v at the power wire and only 10.9V at the remote wire. can that be my problem? Thanks for your help

Juniinc

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: new sub and amp dont work

I doubt it,,,
easy way to find out, lose the remote wire then run a jumper.
I would double check the HU RCA out, any adjustments on your amp?
Some HU has a RCA out on & off selection.

slia67

Petty Officer 1st Class

Check your gain levels. they may be turned all the way down. Do you have a "sub" setting on your HU? Are the pre-amp out puts hooked up to the Sub channel? Is the power light coming on on the amp?

I assume the sub is a single voice coil... Did you bridge your amp? If so, which terminals did you use on the amp?

chrclo

Seaman Apprentice

Yes the remote wire could be the issue. I have had it happen to me on a couple systems. Usually with stock decks but can happen if your remote wire is a small gauge and long run. An easy way to check would be to run jumper from the power lead to the remote on the amp.