Boat Stereo

Thajeffski

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Boat Stereo

Plus....

YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN! :D

We're just a bunch of grumpy old men, it seems. We just don't understand the yoots of today. They need their tunes, no matter what they're doing, and they've already blown their ears out, so they need them

LOUD!
:cool:

I turn 30 in 25 days!! I still can't stand that crap!

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

the 20 year olds and younger are mostly raised with electronic entertainment in their ears and eyes from the moment they wake up until they go to bed. Whether it's educational or junk, TV or games, it's still constant stimulation. They can't even ride in a car for an hour without a TV on! Can't sit still in church, can't watch a movie without the cell phone going. That's who's on the river now.
I LOVE my music, but there's a time and place. I don't use headphones/earplugs to cut the grass b/c I think the white noise creates a relaxing zone, so to speak. As does an OB on a run to the fishing grounds or just cruising. I may or may not turn on a small FM radio while fishing. But the next generation that "we" raised aren't like that.

jkust

Rear Admiral

You know it's funny. back in the 80's I was one of the first of a handfull of people to have a subwoofer in their car in the state of MN along with high end components. My best friend's older brother had a friend from California introduce it all to us. No one had seen or heard that kind of sound coming from a car in the days before you could buy it all at Walmart. You could actually impress the ladies with it in those days. Back then it was 15 inch subs and I could literally shake the pictures off the neighbors walls in the neignborhood. Now, I could really care less in my car and on the boat, we keep the music at very low volume. Mostly because we go to relax and see people trying to do the same. If I try to turn it up just a little when my old instincts kick in a little, I get the quick 'turn it down' from my wife. I remember thinking back then in high school that when I had money, I'd have the coolest systems. Now, I could buy the store but I'd settle for a USB port and 4 stock speakers in the boat. I think at some point you just know the answer to the question.

skargo

Banned

the 20 year olds and younger are mostly raised with electronic entertainment in their ears and eyes from the moment they wake up until they go to bed. Whether it's educational or junk, TV or games, it's still constant stimulation. They can't even ride in a car for an hour without a TV on! Can't sit still in church, can't watch a movie without the cell phone going. That's who's on the river now.
I LOVE my music, but there's a time and place. I don't use headphones/earplugs to cut the grass b/c I think the white noise creates a relaxing zone, so to speak. As does an OB on a run to the fishing grounds or just cruising. I may or may not turn on a small FM radio while fishing. But the next generation that "we" raised aren't like that.

Amen. My youngest brother is 22 years old. He is 21 years younger than me, and if he comes to our house to watch a movie or something, he has his cell phone sitting on his leg, and he replies to texts every 5 minutes :eek:

MrsBoatinOkie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

At 12 some boat owner came out and he had two ghetto girls on it with him......smoking, tattoed, white, with jet black curly hair.

They pull up to the beach and start blasting music. At this point there might have been 5 or 6 families directly near it. Their music is so loud the whole beach is putting up with it.......all of a sudden **** THIS **** THAT ******* THIS SUCK ON MY **** comes out of the speakers, and the guy doesn't react.

We had a similar experience last summer, but our problem was a reoccurring one. Sad thing was these weren't 20 somethings.

Pulled up to our favorite beach area enjoying our day as usual. A wake board boat pulls up next to us and playing a Bon Jovi CD. Don't get me wrong, I do like Bon Jovi, just not repeating over and over and over. The same 12 songs on the CD. You'd think they could afford another artist or band :confused:

Also this happned on more than one weekend (same group)!!

Subliminal

Chief Petty Officer

I'm relatively new to New Jersey (10 yrs), but I have noticed a keen interest in Bon Jovi here. That other dude, too. Springsteen. I don't get it, but hey. ;)

skargo

Banned

I'm relatively new to New Jersey (10 yrs), but I have noticed a keen interest in Bon Jovi here. That other dude, too. Springsteen. I don't get it, but hey. ;)

Probably because they are from there! :D

Subliminal

Chief Petty Officer

Well, while I can understand that, it's still kind of odd to me.

Oh well...different strokes for different folks. ;)

skargo

Banned

Well, while I can understand that, it's still kind of odd to me.

Oh well...different strokes for different folks. ;)
Not sure why it seems odd. Just like Aerosmith is huge in Boston, Kix is huge in Baltimore, etc, etc, etc.

Subliminal

Chief Petty Officer

You're kidding me. Kix is still big in Baltimore? They had one song like 45 years ago, and I can't even tell you what it was!

Kix. Ha!

Kix.jpg

skargo

Banned

You're kidding me. Kix is still big in Baltimore? They had one song like 45 years ago, and I can't even tell you what it was!

Kix. Ha!

Kix.jpg
They had a lot more than one song LOL.

They still play gigs, and Steve, the singer has a band called Funny Money.

But do you finally understand why people locally like that idiot Springsteen and JBJ so much?

skargo

Banned

haha, I see you are enjoying your day Mr Subliminal!