1969 Old Town Atlantis 2560

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salmonranger

Cadet
I have a 1969 Old Town Atlantis 2560 and I am converting my omc I/O to mercruiser I/O. Does anyone know any good tips for doing this job? Also info about the boat would be helpful (ex. like how it rides and so on)? Thanks!

Attachments

• boat1.jpg
    boat1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 2
  • boat2.jpg
    boat2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 2
  • boat3.jpg
    boat3.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

starsnstripers

Lieutenant
Re: 1969 Old Town Atlantis 2560

Welcome to Iboats fellow Atlantis owner. You, me and bondo are Atlantis owners here. COOL! Have you had yours out in the water? I was wondering how it takes a sea? Neither me or Bondo have ridden in ours yet. Soon though, we're getting them ready for launch.

Bondo

Staff member

Welcome to Iboats fellow Atlantis owner. You, me and bondo are Atlantis owners here. COOL! Have you had yours out in the water? I was wondering how it takes a sea? Neither me or Bondo have ridden in ours yet. Soon though, we're getting them ready for launch.

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,... Don't forget Dan Sweeney SS....

Mine is a 1973 awaiting it's SBC/ Bravo refit...
SS is Way ahead of me, but it's coming up to the top of the project pile Very Soon...

What'd ya have in mind for Power,..??
Junkin' a Donor boat is the Best way to get there....

starsnstripers

Lieutenant

Yeah I missed Dan, I went down to the boat manufactures area and finally posted there unde Old Town Canoe. If you get a chance Salmonranger go on down and post as the 4th "documented" Atlantis owner on Iboats under the boat makes section. :D Can't wait to try her out. Get busy Bondo, that things collecting moths, spider webs, mice, mold, dust. haha It would be cool if Salmon ranger was on the North East coast too. We could have an Old Town Atlantis get together some time. Take pics and send em to OLD Town Canoe Co. Keep the oldie but goodies running!!!

Salmonranger

Cadet

Thanks for the pics. My dad and me are working on the boat. I live in Old Town Maine and my dad lives in CT with the boat. The old I/O has been taken out and we are going to put in Mercruiser 305 v8. My dad is doing a sandwich of marine wood and aluminum for the transom. I am going to be in CT soon so I should have more pics to show.

Bondo

Staff member

I live in Old Town Maine

Ayuh,... I was raised in Milford,+ went to OTHS...

Do you know any of the Bond clan,..??

Salmonranger

Cadet

No I do not know them. I moved up here and I also am doing college.

Salmonranger

Cadet

I have found pics of other Atlantis 2560.

Attachments

• boat4.jpg
    boat4.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 12
  • boat5.jpg
    boat5.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 12
  • boat6.jpg
    boat6.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 11
  • boat7.jpg
    boat7.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 12
  • boat8.jpg
    boat8.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 11

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... The 2nd picture looks like SS's boat...
The last 3, the guy has been trying to sell it All winter... It's been on ebay several times...
Too Bad it's still OMC powered, with a smaller than original motor...
Beautiful hull though...

Salmonranger

Cadet

Yea I think it was SS boat. Do you have any pics of your boat and do you still live in Maine Bond-o?

Bondo

Staff member

Naw,... No pictures...

Life brought me over here to northern NY years ago,...
Now I have a place on Lake Ontario...
I also have the family Lodge on Chemo pond...
Got a sister still livin' in Milford,...

You goin' to UMO,..??

starsnstripers

Lieutenant

That was my boat in the second picture, haha! We're all collecting Atlantis pics i guess. I can't believe it only weighs 2990 lbs for a 25'er. Thats great! Can't wait to go for a cruise in her. In the brochure pic she looks like she rides nice and high. Picking away at it. Hoping for a launch in mid May. I'll get some pics of the big splash. :D

yiannis64

Recruit

Good luck with it. If you have a good hull, you will LOVE IT. She rides like a dream. I have had mine for almost 5 years. and She has been nothing but amazing. I have the original OMC225 and the original (I rebuilt it) outdrive.
Unfortunately, I am only allowed one boat at the time, and now my Sailboat is getting refitted.

Attachments

• Junel 2009 562.jpg
    Junel 2009 562.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 5

starsnstripers

Lieutenant

She looks GREAT! So it handles rough stuff ok? looks like it might be a little rocky being so light? Do you have trim tabs? Have anymore pics?

yiannis64

Recruit

Ayuh,... The 2nd picture looks like SS's boat...
The last 3, the guy has been trying to sell it All winter... It's been on ebay several times...
Too Bad it's still OMC powered, with a smaller than original motor...
Beautiful hull though...
Dont knock it till you try it!!!!!!!!
The V6 OMC 225 was an original option. The "Odd-fire 225" is a bulletproof engine.
I listed it on ebay once, under the insisting pressure of my better half. "Trying to sell it all winter", is the overstatement of the season. It is on Ebay now and it will be gone by Sunday.

yiannis64

Recruit

No trim tabs. She gets on the step immediately. She takes weather fantasticaly.
I had her bow burried in confused seas and she did not flintch. She yaws very little given her 22 something LWL. The pitch is minimal and very comfortable. She tracks like an arrow. Her deep V hull is for rough weather!!!!!
People gathered around her in Marinas on the Hudson and in Hopatcong.
I will miss her terribly!!!!!!

starsnstripers

Lieutenant

Oh I'm going to try it! I'm refitting mine, just put a Mercruiser transom unit in and a (350) 5.7 engine. I like your docking lights, I'm going to watch for a set of those. The guy i got mine from went with a sail boat too. So far everyone says they ride great, thats good news. But everyones opinion can vary about that topic. 4-6' seas In December will tell me. We'll see if i still have it by next season. If it doesn't handle as well as i need I'm going with a SF233 Formula. Good luck on your sale and sail boat.

yiannis64

Recruit

Thank you. I looked at your repower pictures and it looks like you are doing a great job. i am sure you will love it. See if you can get a heat exchanger, so you dont have to pump salt water through your engine cooling system. Mine came with it and all the cooling passages are spotless.
Best of luck.

starsnstripers

Lieutenant

I'm going to run this engine raw water, It's an older Omc engine that the boat had in it, rebuilt around 2001. I want to run the boat this season with that and when/if i decide to repower it i'll go with a closed system. Being this thing only weighs 2990lbs dry weight, I'm thinking of a 4.3 repower next round. Can get about 230hp from one and it's efficient to run and their reliable engines. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.