My pontoon is covered so it really doesn't matter :D

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: Are you glad when it rains?

Good point and most of the time yes !!!:D

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Right now YES...get rid of this nasty pollen!
Had plans of splashing mine Saturday but calling for a chilly rain...:(

rainman99

Petty Officer 1st Class

Normally I hate rain. But we had a dry April. Showers for the next 4 days the weekend shot.:mad:The plants sure need the rain its to early to start watering. Temperature not warm enough for boating anyway.

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade

A rainy day at the lake beats any day not near water

Bucks45

Petty Officer 1st Class

I love when it rains and I'm sleeping. I don't know about other people, but if it's raining while I'm in bed, I could lay there forever!

HAV2FISH

Chief Petty Officer

I love it when it rain's. It usually means the fishing is going to get better. Now lightning thats another story.

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander

Rain usually means a change in barometric pressure. For me, that means a migraine.:(

so no.

ziggy

Admiral

as for the question at hand, yes, i'm glad it rains too when i can't go for other reasons. other than that. if i'm already there i don't care as long as there's not a lot of lightening. it's actually kinda fun to boat in the rain, if, you have cover, which i do. also agree with Bucks45. nothing better than sleeping and hearing the rain on the outside, but being nice and dry on the inside. Eaglejim has good point too. i'd rather be at the lake...

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I love it when it rain's. It usually means the fishing is going to get better. Now lightning thats another story.

Yeah, it also means the skiers, tubers and wakeboarders stay home, and the lake is nice and quiet.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have any problem sharing the lake, and I enjoy the go-fast boating stuff too. but I do treasure the times when I have the lake mostly to myself.

Bondo

Staff member

Are you glad when it rains?

YES,...

Lake Ontario,+ the St. Lawrence River are Down about 2' right now,... October levels in April...
I can't even get the houseboat Off the wagon right now...
Just the Fishin' Machine is going to be a Problem...

rbh

Fleet Admiral

UMMM, if I cant go boating anyways, does the rain make me feel better about it?????
Ok, sure :confused:

skargo

Banned

UMMM, if I cant go boating anyways, does the rain make me feel better about it?????
Ok, sure :confused:
Sorry it confused you. If I have other plans and it's gorgeous, it really hurts. If I have other plans and they call for bad weather, it doesn't hurt as bad, not being able to go out. ;)

SuperNova

Lieutenant

Sorry it confused you. If I have other plans and it's gorgeous, it really hurts. If I have other plans and they call for bad weather, it doesn't hurt as bad, not being able to go out. ;)
I don't know.....if I can't go boating it usually means I've got projects around the house to do and if it rains I can't get them done so the next weekend when I planned to go boating and it's nice out, I can't go 'cause now I have last weekends projects to get done....it's a vicious cycle...

scipper77

Commander

I love when it rains and I'm sleeping. I don't know about other people, but if it's raining while I'm in bed, I could lay there forever!
My wife works night and sleep all day. You should try running a fan when you sleep. The white noise really helps take away distractions. When she sleeps without the fan she will wake up from every little noise.

In the middle of the summer my best fishing is almost allways in the rain. It scatters the bait fish and the bass will hit any fast moving crankbait instead of hiding in the weeds.

I am glad when it rains for so many reasons, greener grass, better fishing. I just don't like it to rain every day.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

:D ;)