X50DS Screen ??

nam6869usmc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Just purchaced a new Lowe F165, I had them take off the Lowrance X50DS & mount my Sons Xmas gift, a HB 385ci Combo on the console. I then just completed an install up on the Bow with the X50DS & used a procedure I got off of here how to mount the transducer to my Motorguide WR55. I know the Transducer is not in water but as my screen scans accross, it creates a vertical line top to bottom every inch with a surface reading at top of "0" & some # reading at bottom. It will not give me a full screen. Every thing else looks good & Simulation looks great. Is this normal, because my HB385doesn't do that, I get a normal looking screen.
I think my question should be is, does HB & Lowance act differently out of water.
DSC01201.jpg

John_S

Rear Admiral
Re: X50DS Screen ??

I wouldn't even say all HB work the same out of water. I have had blank screens to ones having echo lines across. Sometimes it looks like the transom transducer get an echo off the concrete. Scroll speed will go very slow if in auto. Wait and see what you get in the water. Can't wait? See if the trolling motor head will fit in a 5gal bucket.

nam6869usmc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I wouldn't even say all HB work the same out of water. I have had blank screens to ones having echo lines across. Sometimes it looks like the transom transducer get an echo off the concrete. Scroll speed will go very slow if in auto. Wait and see what you get in the water. Can't wait? See if the trolling motor head will fit in a 5gal bucket.

thx,,I guess they all have their own different characteristics out of water........I decided to put it in the water tomorrow....the true test

gsmith3286

Cadet

I had a similiar problem and I had to download the updated software. It went away after that. LOwrance HDS-5