Bucket Seats

BigBoatinOkie

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I've been looking at bucket seats and can't find what I'm looking for. First of all, they are all rediculously priced. $300-$600 per seat not even including pedestals. That's just bull crap. What I really need is just a frame so I can have it upholstered to match the rest of the boat. Is there a source out there for that? If I can't find a frame, I guess I could build some. Has anyone ever built bucket seats? I just can't imagine what makes some of these seats so dang expensive. Chime in if you have any opinions or insights. Thanks.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Bucket Seats

Ayuh,... Donno Why, but seating is Expensive, regardless Where you're sittin'....
Tractor seats, Truck seats, or Boat seats....

Finding something you like outa a junk hull gets you something to Start with...
Lottsa work rebuild old junk though...

I kinda like the white blow-molded plastic 1s,... I built new cushions for mine,...

BigBoatinOkie

I think if I could figure out how to make a curved seat back, I could pull off building some.

Bondo

Staff member

I think if I could figure out how to make a curved seat back, I could pull off building some.

Ayuh,.... Plywood, resins, clamps,+ forms come to mind....
Depending on the "Free" resourses you've got laying around,...
The Effort could easily surpass the prices noted...

Like I said, it depends on just What you Want,..??

I've got a set of offshore seats with the thick aluminum seatback supports that need recovering Now...
I've got the machine, I just gotta learn how to Sew....

BigBoatinOkie

Here is a link to a company that supplies a lot of the major boat builders, good stuff at a nice price http://veada.com/category-1/22_9-Helm-Seats.html

Hey thanks for the link arch. Some of their prices are much better than most. Bond-o, you should chime in on my resto thread once in a while. Archbuilder, Robertfourwinns, and Friscoboater are pretty much the only guys that do, i could use another good hand once in a while.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

They are really nice people, and will send you samples of the vinyls, carpet, etc. I think they also have free shipping on orders over 250.

Bondo

Staff member

Bond-o, you should chime in on my resto thread once in a while. Archbuilder, Robertfourwinns, and Friscoboater are pretty much the only guys that do, i could use another good hand once in a while.

Ayuh,... Your's and another couple Thousand, Right,..??

In all honesty,.. I usually jump into threads early, once they go multiple pages, I get lost...
'ell,... I think I might have 1 or 3 posts in Oops' thread....
Not that I don't wanta comment, but just keepin' current is ALOT to do...
Believe it or Not,... I have a Life other than just here on iboats,....:rolleyes::D;)

BigBoatinOkie

Believe it or Not,... I have a Life other than just here on iboats,....:rolleyes::D;)

So, lets say you're awake 15 hrs. per day........and you've been on iboats since 2002......8 years X 365..........2920 days.........27,532/2920......that's 9.4 posts per day........up 15 hrs............divide by 9.4........?????? works out to .......oh..........1.5 post per every waking hour for 8 years.........yeah, I believe you? :rolleyes: