where goes this hose?

lolo64230

Cadet
hi!

I've finished the assembly of my Evinrude 115hp 1994 after having changed 2 pistons. But it remains one draining hose on port side I don't know where it should be plugged.
There is also a a black wire on port side I haven't managed to plug.
Someone could help me? Thanks

Attachments

• evinrude 002 red.jpg
    evinrude 002 red.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 0
  • evinrude 003red.jpg
    evinrude 003red.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 0

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: where goes this hose?

Look closely at the black wire to see if it has a yellow stripe; if so, it's the kill wire and should be connected to the powerpack.

lolo64230

Cadet

I've checked it, but the wire is only black, there isn't any stripe.

lolo64230

Cadet

I've checked it, but the wire is only black, there isn't any stripe.

concerning the vacuum hose, the one from the starboard separates in two with a tee and is plugged on the carburetor. So your picture doesn't describe exactly the same motor than I have.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

the wire is for the temp sender, you should just look for a loose wire with the same type of clear-blue covered connector...the tan is connected in a similar way...dig around and find it, it should beon the harness that comes into the motor....many times they had a black D shaped plug to undo those wires...

maybe someone cut your plug out in the past and put those removeable blue connectors on..

as for the hose...I bet it goes to a carb or the airbox....I just discovered here that a hose from my airbox runs back into the motor to drain oil coming out of the carbs..

good luck

bob

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

2411f9i.jpg

this isnt your motor, but a 97 looper 90 hp.

the wires come out of the temp sensor and feed into a black connector held by the wire loom. then they leave that and go into the blue connectors like you have..

look around for that axtra wire...probably tucked in down under....which is where I would tuck that loose hose after you get it terminated

bob

clanton

Rear Admiral

what is the hose connected to on the other end? I will have wiring diagram tonight.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

hi!

I've finished the assembly of my Evinrude 115hp 1994 after having changed 2 pistons. But it remains one draining hose on port side I don't know where it should be plugged.
There is also a a black wire on port side I haven't managed to plug.
Someone could help me? Thanks

my guess is the missing black wire is actually broken off the temp sender.....

if i remember right , two wires come out of the port side temp senser, black and tan.....so I bet you need a new sensor...

(actually I am probably wrong on that, because the two wire sensors i think were for the systems check motors)
bob

clanton

Rear Admiral

The black wire is ground for oil tank sensor.

clanton

Rear Admiral

The hose comes from the number 2 cylinder bypass cover to nipple on intake below lower carb on port side. There are 4 of these nipples on the intake 2 below each carb. These hoses must be routed correct for good idle and lube of center main bearing.

clanton

Rear Admiral

Hose diagram for 1994 115 crossflow V4.

lolo64230

Cadet

Ok thank you

my motor hasn't automatic oiling so I think the black wire is useless.
Concerning the hose I'll check this afternoon after work if the routing diagram you gave me is in agreement with my motor.