Floats- rafts, noodles, tubes?

pushnwood

Cadet
What do you like when your just relaxing in the water? I can't wait till the wheather warms up & I can just chill and float!:D

RWilson2526

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Floats- rafts, noodles, tubes?

I use my boat to float....water is too damn cold usually for me.

HappierWet

Master Chief Petty Officer

P F D

If I am swimming or snorkeling, I won't wear it, otherwise in the water it's on.

I don't have to worry about holding on, it won't get lost, and it's the best flotation around.:D

PitchFork

Petty Officer 1st Class

P F D

If I am swimming or snorkeling, I won't wear it, otherwise in the water it's on.

I don't have to worry about holding on, it won't get lost, and it's the best flotation around.:D

2nd that except usually with a B double E R in hand.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

You know those square throwable cushions? The ones with the double handles made from sewn on webbing? Next time you're out in the water...sit on one! I find I float just chest deep, nice little seat, hands free. Floats higher than a PFD and keeps you in a sitting position.

We keep 10 of them on the boat whenever we meet up with friends.

drrpm

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Definitely noodles. I fit 6 into my ski locker along with a wakeboard. I usually have a tube tied off too, while anchored and swimming around.

ziggy

Admiral

I keep a ready supply of noodles on my boat :D
that's the best use of noodles i've seen. they take up to much room on my imho. ya musta bought the store out of them ez... bet they thought ya were gonna have a lot of fun... :D
personaly, i just use a pfd to float about on...

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

I'm a fan of those kiddie row boats you find for $5 at the store. You can lay down, paddle around with your arms and be wet enough to stay cool but dry off if you get chilly. As a side benefit, they make awesome fishing aids, as you can paddle into the really branch-laden areas and catch those uncatchable fish on them. Of course, getting the fish off the hook while laying down on a cheezy inflatable boat is risky, but worth it when you hook a fish big enough to pull you around (free propulsion).

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Just about everything that floats. We have a couple of web/mesh seats that you slide over the noodles and it makes a chair. I also have a couple floaty rafts, inflatable chairs/loungers, small doughnut tubes, and of course, the big lounge tube. I even have an inflatable cooler tube.

I would take more, but I ran out of room:p.

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

I'm a fan of those kiddie row boats you find for $5 at the store. You can lay down, paddle around with your arms and be wet enough to stay cool but dry off if you get chilly. As a side benefit, they make awesome fishing aids, as you can paddle into the really branch-laden areas and catch those uncatchable fish on them. Of course, getting the fish off the hook while laying down on a cheezy inflatable boat is risky, but worth it when you hook a fish big enough to pull you around (free propulsion).

LMAO.....wow that had me rolling. I pictured my big a## half-sinking an inflatable boat being pulled around by a huge catfish!

We use noodles. I only have a few of them though. They must be cheaper by all you guys, they are not all that cheap out this way. 2 or $3/pc if i recall.

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

My wife prefers a raft so she can get an even tan.. :D

I normally use a noodle and my Seadoo Dolphin when I'm hanging out in the water. The noodle keeps me floating and I'm too lazy to swim so I use the dolphin to cruise around with.

BTMCB

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The admiral enjoys a noodle........I try to acommodate when I can.......

Shife

Chief Petty Officer

The wife and I picked up a couple of inflatable lounges from Wally World along with a 12v Coleman inflator/deflator. Takes about a minute to inflate or deflate each one. This solves the storage issue of a large float. Mine was $5 and hers was $8. We need to pick up a few more for when we have guests.