gas/oil mixture?

speckhunter

Cadet
[:redface:]I own two suzuki out boards both are 1989 year modals, my dt25 has been running with 100/1 mix ratio per a sticker on the motor. i just bought a dt30c same year, it had an auto oil mixer mounted on it. All my friends sugested that i take that off. i did and now i am worryed about the proper gas/oil mixture to run in it. this boat is used mostly in small rivers and long runs in it are rare. what mixture should i run in my new motor? any ideas.

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: gas/oil mixture?

are you talking oil injection? and If so how did you remove it?. i hope you didn't just remove tank.

speckhunter

Cadet

no there was more to it than removing the tank. had to plug a few holes , take out a small pump, and cap off a wire or two. tomorow i will put her in the h2o and give the dt30c a work out. i found out today that the proper mixture is 50/1, i asked a dude at a local marine store to look it up for me.
good luck with your boat and thanks for the reply

speckhunter

Cadet

just a quick question, are the saftes that were in place from the factory 100% reliable on the oil injector. and did i make a mistake by taking it out. it was working fine i just did not want to get let down by the oil injector down the river. should i put it back on? please advise!

waffles1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi Speckhunter,
Do a board search on your topic and you'll see a lot of talk about it. The oil injectors are very reliable. Good Luck.

speckhunter

Cadet

thanks for the input! i think that i am going to reinstal the oil injector.

waffles1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Personally, i think that's an excellent decision. Good luck.