Tracker 2008 Pro Team 190 TX

I own a Tracker Pro Team 190 TX w/ Mercury 90 ELPTO 2 stroke ( 18.5 foot alluminum bass boat) No Jack plate. Can anyone recomend a SS Prop for this tub?

I am considering a stiletto advantage I 13"x P17"

Max RPM rating on the motor is 5500

My Current prop is a 13 X P19 aluminum

I am looking for top speed and overall performance is this a good pick, and does anyone know what I should expect.

I am new to all of this so any advice would be apprieciated.

Last edited:
Re: Tracker 2008 Pro Team 190 TX

I own a Tracker Pro Team 190 TX w/ Mercury 90 ELPTO 2 stroke ( 18.5 foot alluminum bass boat) No Jack plate. Can anyone recomend a SS Prop for this tub?

I am considering a stiletto advantage I 13"x P17"

Max RPM rating on the motor is 5500

My Current prop is a 13 X P19 aluminum

I am looking for top speed and overall performance is this a good pick, and does anyone know what I should expect.

I am new to all of this so any advice would be apprieciated.

My Current WOT is 43 MPH (speedo) @ 5400 RPM's

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Speaking generically it appears to me unless the speedo is not very accurate you are doing pretty well with your present setup.Even at 40 not bad.
When you change brands and material you introduce more variables.
Keep in mind an ss prop isn't a cureall.Its safe to say it will perform better than your present prop.It does usually make sense to drop in pitch when changing to a ss. Someone here probably can tell you basically what to expect from the advantage.
Bow lift? stern lift? hole shot? etc. Exact changes would be an educated guess.
Have you fine tuned your setup.Especially motor height?Raise the motor to a point just before venting(cavitation) becomes a problem.Most endup with the antivent plate(just above the prop) about 1" above the bottom of the boat.
Under ideal condition you could gain a couple of mph.with no other changes.
Then a careful prop selection could gain even more height and speed.

Thanks for the reply. I am mostly buying the prop so I have a spare. I am happy with the way the boat performs now, but i did slightly bend a prop blade on a stump in a river (which I fixed). So my plan is to buy a SS Prop and use it when I am not fishing in rivers and such. I figure the SS will be my standard and I will swap to the aluminum as needed. Does anyone see any problems with that logic or the 13 X 17P SS Prop when my current aluminum is 13 X 19? If I am not making any critical errors I am going to purchase the prop.

dave250

Recruit

I know this is an old thread, but I have a stiletto 13 x 19 "performance" prop. I runs a little less rpm than the oem quicksiver (13 x 19). I can get the 55k out of it and 44mph. The aluminum can make about 58k and 43 mph (gps). I think I can get it pitched to make 57+k rpm but it's too much trouble. I do like them to be able to go a little over recommended Rs, but run them mostly a few hundred under. A powertech satin finish is a good choice for a not too expensive prop. they are a little heavier and more rigid than the stiletto and cost a little more. Oh yeah, I have the same boat y'all have. BTW, i think the motor position from the factory is about as good as you can expect w/o a jack plate and i also think a man should save his money if he's thinking of getting one (jack plate) for this setup.
Dave