Boat Ramp Submerged Debris- What are my rights?

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Boat Ramp Submerged Debris- What are my rights?

Honkin' aspeck dug it up . . . :rolleyes: that guy is always trouble!

WTR4FUN

Petty Officer 2nd Class

wow, this forum has been around for a while:)

skargo

Banned

What's an aspec?

bhammer

Ensign

Still funny, nonetheless.

Yup, that was funny. Looks like the OP sold his boat in 2004 and hasn't come back. I wonder if he kept that anchor and mounted it up on his garage wall.:D

skargo

Banned

Yup, that was funny. Looks like the OP sold his boat in 2004 and hasn't come back. I wonder if he kept that anchor and mounted it up on his garage wall.:D

I'm wondering if the anchor ever manned up and apologized. :confused:

22E6441

Petty Officer 1st Class

This thread made me laugh.....

I work for an insurance company in Canada and we're very cautious about writing a company that exports or services anything in the US because you guys always want to sue everybody for everything. So much more litigious than Canada....just one of the cultural differences between us neighbours. Interesting though.....

TilliamWe

Banned

Still funny, nonetheless.

I knew everything I needed to know from the first sentence. Any idiot that spends at least $25,000 on a boat, should know how to spell the manufacturer's name. It's written on the side of the freakin' boat, afterall!

P.S. Canada man, ain't you right. No one is responsible for anything in this country. Just check out the thread where all the guys on here are telling one guy to sue another at his marina for the loud music!

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant

WOW- a oldie but goodie :eek:
Now i ran over a sharp peice of steel (not more than 6 months ago :rolleyes:) out on US69N & ruined a $125 tire on my Chevy 4X4 :(
Who do i sue :mad:

jkust

Rear Admiral

As a fellow Chap owner I sympathise with you. The fact that you bought a Chap, says something about you. I received a door ding in my new suv the first time I parked it yesterday on the way home from the dealer and the Suburban next to me clearly caused it. I am fanatical about my stuff but sometimes life just gives you a black eye.

TilliamWe

Banned

As a fellow Chap...

Yes, and from your signature line, you can spell Chaparral correctly. But not the idiot who started this thread.

Maybe as a Presbyterian, I am too sensitive to not knowing how to spell? :)

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

You have the right to be seriously bummed out. This right shall be conferred upon you for six months or until you chill of natural choices, which ever comes first. The limit of your bummed outedness shall be limited to general crankiness, a few choice words every time you think about the situation, some whining to your wife and a couple of threads on boating forums. Boating forum threads shall be limited to one on each site.

;)

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

if you had to pay a fee to launch at that ramp, i think what ever entity that is collecting the money is liable to make the area used for launching and trailering boats resonably safe......outside a certain area the ramp would become exempt in my view.

they have some culpability if they are earning money for the launching privelages

in my view

bob

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

I don't know about you guys, but I always leave a dock and ramp with my engine tilted so the prop is almost out of the water. Saves me from hitting crud on the bottom (anchors don't float and I don't know what the bottom looks like) and I don't need the engine down to idle away until past the no wake zone. Common sense! It aint very common!

FishyFish

Chief Petty Officer

Wow, I almost bit....this thread started back in 2003, I was feeling sympathetic for the New Boat...I wonder how many dings are on that Old Boat now?...:D