Unidentified hole?

ChrisfromVT

Petty Officer 3rd Class
There is a small threaded hole next to the #1 spark plug hole on my '87 inline 6 tower of power.
What is this hole and should it be plugged?

ChrisfromVT

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Unidentified hole?

Also forgot to mention that water comes out of this hole when motor's running, but it doesn't seem to be affecting performance.
What goes there?

ChrisfromVT

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Could this be for a water temp sender or something of the like?
Anyone?

narvlebenoit

Petty Officer 1st Class

I gess it could.I have one on my 90 h.p. and it has a plug in it.

ChrisfromVT

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I'm a bit freaked out...
The water is actually coming out of the #1 plug hole! I pulled all the plugs and they all have water intrusion evidence. Does this mean that the water cover gasket is shot??

narvlebenoit

Petty Officer 1st Class

Iam having the same problem my plugs are super clean .read mine on page #4 need help with motor.

ChrisfromVT

Petty Officer 3rd Class

The plugs aren't super clean. They seem to be firing fine, but they all had a milky substance around them (like water and oil mixed together). Could they hace possibly not been seated right?

narvlebenoit

Petty Officer 1st Class

Chris I took a look at mine an I have that little hole to the one with the plug is between #3 an #4.I dont think the milky stuf is from the plugs not being seated.

verado7

Chief Petty Officer

exhuast and or water jacket gaskets are leaking - possibly a warped water jacket cover also - the hole next to plug could be a water sender -the simple one that goes to warning buzzer is usually smaller than the sender hole for the guage - you can plug them but it would be wise to install another sender -preferably aftermarket because your motor will die quickly before you even know it -should the water pump fail at any speed .