parts catalog for mcm 170

rjwoodrome

Petty Officer 1st Class
is there a parts catalog. for the mcm 170. I have an 1986 ser#A528453
I seem to be having trouble with the Iboats store. I really need some parts.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: parts catalog for mcm 170

Ayuh,...The parts you're looking for might be Dealer Only, or NLA...
Search the web for a Mercruiser parts supplier, they usually have pictured parts look-ups...

Angrywasp

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I used crowley marine to hunt down my parts. I have mainly used them for small pieces that have just deteriorated on the boat since they have a good selection of diagrams.

rjwoodrome

Petty Officer 1st Class

oops sorry the parts needed are;the impeller, 2-universal joints,outdrive gasket, and the lower shift cable. just general maint issues. the local guy seemed a little out of the ball park on his prices. just thought I should give Iboats a try next. thanks for your replys.

Bondo

Staff member

the impeller, 2-universal joints,outdrive gasket, and the lower shift cable.

Ayuh,... iboats should have most All that,... It's drive parts...

achris

More fish than mountain goat

I use www.mercruiserparts.com for parts lookup and pricing. They also superseded to the right number where appropriate. Then go to iBoats to see if they have it... :D:D:D

rjwoodrome

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Achris, that was a solid link, "although mispelled" (lol) I was able to find everything and bring the number over to Iboats for cross referance.total price savings of almost $60.bucks!! Outstanding!! although I cant seem to find the lower shift cable part number? I keep finding a hugh assortment of different lengths. should I remove it before I have a replacement cable. or for the price differance just bite it and pay the local shark his ransom? $90.00.
BTW only havin fun with the spelling jab, if it wasnt for spell check I would be lost. thanks:D:D

1986 mcm170(470) s/na528453

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Thanks Achris, that was a solid link, "although mispelled" (lol) I was able to find everything and bring the number over to Iboats for cross referance.total price savings of almost $60.bucks!! Outstanding!! although I cant seem to find the lower shift cable part number? I keep finding a hugh assortment of different lengths. should I remove it before I have a replacement cable. or for the price differance just bite it and pay the local shark his ransom? $90.00.
BTW only havin fun with the spelling jab, if it wasnt for spell check I would be lost. thanks:D:D

1986 mcm170(470) s/na528453

Sorry about the misspell.. I was walking out the door for a day on the water. :D:D We had 2 fantastic dives, and the water was magnificent....

That lower shift cable is part number -865436A02. (available at mercruiserparts :D) for $65

Chris.
(I've corrected the misspell...)

rjwoodrome

Petty Officer 1st Class

It's all good. adapt improvise and overcome. thanks again