New boat and new to forum

Masonf24

Cadet
Just wanted to introduce myself. I live in tennessee and it is almost river weather. Bought a 2008 caravelle interceptor 192 with a Volvo penta 5.0. I am thinking about naming her "sofa king red". If you don't get it just say it out til it makes since. That might be to vulgar to name her. Let me know what you think of my first boat. I am up for suggestions on upgrades. All I have done is added a sub and 2 more speakers and an extra batery. Thanks
f0ff6ea7.jpg

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac339/Masonf23/c19cb1a4.jpg
http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac339/Masonf23/0e10da78.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

FSTHUH

Seaman
Re: New boat and new to forum

wow, looks amazing...man are you gonna have some fun on that thing :)

I LOVE the color

Thumbs up brother...have fun and stay safe

Damien.

Cadet

Looks stunning fella.

I got the name straight away, very funny.

Id be inclined to call it the Red Baron !

Enjoy her !

D.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Welcome to iboats!

Beautiful looking boat!

Masonf24

Cadet

Thanks I already put 3.5 hours on her and man is it hard not to open her all the way up. Only 16.5 hours to go until I am screaming down the river:D. I am wondering what idle rpms do your boats idle at. Mine seams extremely low and wants to die. It idles fine in neutral but it is that area between neutral ad forward where she gets a little rough

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I like the name. If you add into the fact that the die-hard fishermen guys would probably refer to it as a "sofa boat" it's not really that vulgar. :) Welcome to the forum!

Masonf24

Cadet

Sorry Bob for the large photos I am usin photo bucket mobile on my iPhone it doesn't tell me the picture sizes. Been a member for like 10 minutes and already got in trouble lol. :cool:

This_lil_fishy

Master Chief Petty Officer

Wow, that is one sexy boat..how much did you pay for her? Might be time to trade in my boat! Hehe...

Ian

Masonf24

Cadet

It was 27k brand new. These boats are kinda rare now cause of caravelle being up for grabs if they will stay in business.

izoomie

Petty Officer 1st Class

Cool boat, welcome to the best place to get information for it.

26aftcab454

Lieutenant Commander

sharp looking boat-looks fast sitting still. you seem like a responsible person- have fun and be safe & be respectful of others around you .:cool:
I like the name.
your idle may be set a little too low- it should not die on you.
welcome aboard!

blairjbyrd

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Love the name

That is a good lookin boat

Welcome, remember if you have any questions, just ask there are alot of experienced people on here that are willing to help.

Masonf24

Cadet

I would like some more replies on my rpm idle issue. Once the engine was warm it never died on me cause any time it started sounding low I just kept giving it more gas. Maybe it is ok and I am just being paranoid but I know for sure it doesn't idle while it is cold

blairjbyrd

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The idle sounds like it is set to low. Might also be a choke issue??? You have a warranty right?

Masonf24

Cadet

Yea the engine is covered for like 6 to 8 years. I bought it out of state so I don't want to take it back to the dealer but I did take it to a Volvo certified mechanic and it idles fine on the hose which is what he checked it on. He said it will cost me 100 dollars if he take it to the lake and it works but if it doesn't idle then warranty will cover all costs. I am just wanting a little piece of mind and am wondering what your boats run in and out of water while idleing. Mine was 700rpms out of water. Thanks!

This_lil_fishy

Master Chief Petty Officer

I believe the 5.0GL is carb'd, if so, my carb'd 4.3 merc did the same thing for the first 20 or so hours of use. Once it got past the break-in period this problem seemed to go away. I had to wait at the dock until the engine was at full operating temp before trying to idle away or she would stall. As I say, now I can wait until temp needle starts moving up and then idle away from the dock. Which means less fumes for my neighbors on the dock and less time for me taking up space at a busy launch. If all else fails, $100 is pretty cheap insurance if there is a carb issue.

Ian

GXL205 Deke

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I would say, she is either lean, rich, or the idle needs adjusted. either way it should just be a quick tweak/adjustment. It could be the choke but that would be the lowest on my list.

Nice looking red. Keep her waxed...sun is brutal on a nice finish like that.