Outdrive sits too low

popo4fun

Seaman
OK not reall sure how to describe this so that the wise group here understands my problem. I just purchase a 1993 Rinker 260vee. We love the boat we just cant seem to get it close to our house lol. Heres the problem. The lower unit for the outdrive sits too low on the trailer. My house is on a hill so if i try to go up the driveway it wants to drag. I tried going in thru the yard and still tries to drag. I even tried to back it up both ways and yep...you guessed it, it still drags. Anybody have a suggestion? Preferably the cheapest solution.

timdan94

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Outdrive sits too low

For backing it in get a draw bar that has a large drop in it which will raise the back of the boat up. You switch from the one you tow the boat with on the road to the one that raises the back of the boat up when you get home.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

you could also get bigger tires for the trailer..... If you can handle an increase in tongue weeight you could move the axles back on the trailer..... Another possibility would be to adjust the trailer bunks and rollers to carry the boat a little higher

truckermatt

Petty Officer 1st Class

i have the same problem before..... i got a drop received hitch for my veihcle and it works great

lmannyr

Master Chief Petty Officer

Checking the obvious here...is the DRIVE IN TRAILER position. MAX out the TRAILER tire pressures. Trailer is/was level/parallel to ground? If all of the above checks out, then sounds like one of those adjustable hitches is in order.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!!!

popo4fun

Seaman

Yes the driver is up for trailer position. I really like that adjustable hitch link....I appreciate you taking the time for doing that, Thank you.

RepoMan207

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I would adjust the trailer myself. With that big of a boat the bunks / rollers should already be set high, if not do so, then as smoke said; adjust the axles back on the trailer.

ECVCHAMP

Seaman

My Brother in law has the second one and loves it. His 79 Sleekcraft sits low on the trailer and the spot he has to park it has a deep gutter, so you get the picture.

Proselect

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have the second one also due to the fact we used to own a slew of towables that all required different heights. Now all we have is the boat but I will not get rid of the adjustable hitch. It is so nice just to grap the 4-way and level the trailer out in seconds. It would work great in your situation. The only problem I have with that hitch is the unpainted part has become pretty rusty. I ran mine in the northern US in all the WI salt. Obviously in the summer it would stand to hold up better.