seeking Turin. Can Mods help?

Kiwi Phil

Commander
Older members may remember the Dutch bloke named Turin, who use to participate here.
I last got a PM from him 2008.
Looks like my business may take a bit of a change in direction and I need advice from Turin.
I have sent him a PM but no response.
Does anyone here have a contact address/means of making contact with him please?
Many thanks
Cheers
Phillip

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral
Re: seeking Turin. Can Mods help?

Maybe one of the Mods has his email...Good luck Phil..:)

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i think after he got married, his priorities changed.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I think a pre-nup with an iboats clause is needed !!!:D

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Hi Phil, Try Rolmops, if he personally cannot help i'm sure that he probably knows someone who can.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Hi Phil, Try Rolmops, if he personally cannot help i'm sure that he probably knows someone who can.

Thank you.
I have just sent a message to Rolmops.
For some reason I thought Ladyfish may have known him too.
Cheers
Phillip

LadyFish

Admiral

Sorry Phil, I don't know him and right now I can't even bring up his user profile to see if we have ann email for him. There is a glitch with my browser. Hey mods, can you find an email addy for him and PM Phil?

paulspaddle

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Do you have a full name?

Google/facebook him.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

I have a slight problem looming with the product I grow.
Changes are coming, so I am considering alternative products.

There is a demand for Chilli, and yes, there is info in Book form on how to grow Capsicum. (same family).

Turin was growing Capsicums, (I think), hydroponically, in Glasshouses, in Holland. (different climate? different scale?. identical infrastructure though.)

Books are really good to read, but there is nothing better than speaking to another grower who has done for years exactly what you want to do.
If he can?t be found, that is not too great an issue?.will just try some other direction.

Another line that I may investigate is the Continental Cucumber.

I always have the problem of finding people to talk to. 2-3yrs back I flew to New Zealand to spend a morning with an herb grower. We learnt so much in the 3 hrs together, he offered to pay half my total expenses?which I wouldn?t entertain, but the point is, associations like this are invaluable.

Cheers
Phillip

Don S

There is a demand for Chilli, and yes, there is info in Book form on how to grow Capsicum. (same family).

Turin was growing Capsicums, (I think), hydroponically, in Glasshouses, in Holland. (different climate? different scale?. identical infrastructure though.)

Books are really good to read, but there is nothing better than speaking to another grower who has done for years exactly what you want to do.
If he can?t be found, that is not too great an issue?.will just try some other direction.

I always have the problem of finding people to talk to. 2-yrs back I flew to New Zealand to spend a morning with an herb grower. We Lent so much in the 3 hrs together, he offered to pay half my total expenses?which I would?t entertain, but the point is, associations like this are invaluable.

Cheers
Phillip

Phil,good luck with getting in contact with turin,
If I might make a suggestion, post the question from the above quote over in the Non boating topics forum. You would be surprised at the knowledge bank here at iboats. I have posted pictures of things I didn't know what was, and ask questions I never expected anyone to know about in that forum. Within minutes I had answers....... amazing to me. Wouldn't surprise me at all if someone else has the same information you are seeking.

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

I grow Cayenne, Thai, and Habanero's here in the summer. Of course it's Texas and they are semi-native here and grow like weeds, so of course my experience doesn't apply in your climate or commercial scale. I either give them away to my Asian friends or a few brave Gringos, and the rest I dry out and spread around my house to take care of the feral cats. I don't touch them myself. :confused::rolleyes:

Kiwi Phil

Commander

I grow Cayenne, Thai, and Habanero's here in the summer. Of course it's Texas and they are semi-native here and grow like weeds, so of course my experience doesn't apply in your climate or commercial scale. I either give them away to my Asian friends or a few brave Gringos, and the rest I dry out and spread around my house to take care of the feral cats. I don't touch them myself. :confused::rolleyes:

Growing may not be too much of a problem.(I guess).
Issue I need to address are yields to the sq metre, ph readings at different stages of growth, prevention of diseases, integrated pest management and control, packaging, storage temps...there are a lot of variables.
Books are good but grower knowledge assists fine tuning.
Cheers
Phillip

Don S

You missed my point, post this in the non boating tech topics, not how to get in touch with turin.

I always have the problem of finding people to talk to. 2-3yrs back I flew to New Zealand to spend a morning with an herb grower. We learnt so much in the 3 hrs together, he offered to pay half my total expenses?which I wouldn?t entertain, but the point is, associations like this are invaluable.

Cheers
Phillip

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

Growing may not be too much of a problem.(I guess).
Issue I need to address are yields to the sq metre, ph readings at different stages of growth, prevention of diseases, integrated pest management and control, packaging, storage temps...there are a lot of variables.
Books are good but grower knowledge assists fine tuning.
Cheers
Phillip

Yep, you're way over my head, me with my paltry 20 plants outside.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

You missed my point, post this in the non boating tech topics, not how to get in touch with turin.

Oh great!!
That one went straight thru to the wicket keeper. I just didn't see it. Thanks.

tx61. no matter what you grow it is never paltry. The quality and safe-ness of your product it probably way ahead of the commercial growers.

Cheers
Phillip