Wedding Registry for Boating enthusiasts

tccgold

Cadet
Hey all,

Getting married this summer, and me and the fiance are looking at registry places. We have most of the household stuff we need, but are registering for a bit, and wanted to know if anyone knows of any national retailers with good boating supplies that has a registry.

We've already looked at Bass Pro, Cabela's, and Gander Mountain with no luck. Wondering if anyone out there has done this and where?

Thanks,

TCC

KeyWestSkipper

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Wedding Registry for Boating enthusiasts

Congratulations and wow what a great idea. I may have to get married myself, I could use a windfall of boating gear.

There are DIY registry things like this, might be a place to start:

http://universalweddingregistry.com/

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i think the closest you will come, is to talk to the local store managers, get them to keep a list of items you would like.. then your friends could ask the cashier. print the list yourself.

i suggest a chip and dip set with suction cups on the bottom.

rainman99

Petty Officer 1st Class

Congrats. Overtons? Maybe suggest gift certificates? On the invitation to a coworkers wedding that were a young couple put we need checks for our new joint account . We gave them a check. Still had to buy a card.:D

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Bass Pro Shops !!!!!
If they don't have one then get them to start one !!!!:D:D
Congrats by the way.:)

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

Congrats on getting married! I can't help much on the registry, but your best may be getting a hold of a local dealer and see if they can help.

D

DJ

I find this absolulety (ROTFLMAO) funny.

You want to start a marraige by getting stuff from traditionally; guy places?

Why not get gift certificates for lap dances?

Are you nuts?

I've got a clue for you: women do not think like us. :eek: They may think it "cute and funny" at first. However, they will win when it comes to "equipping" the homestead.

Equipping "your" toys is NOT on the agenda. That comes with time and patience.

As a 30 year veteran of marriage, to one woman, I KNOW these things. My wife has endured my needs and wants but I know it's "her" house-no doubt. Your "stuff" is far secondary. Give her, her due.

Learn to love her (tell her so) and keep the peace. I've found it to be a great relationship, as it was meant to be. She is my best freind. She actually pushes me to get working on the boat and make it "tip top shape"!:eek:

Marriage is a journey, not an event.

As Jeff Foxworthy says: Marriage is about her being happy. OR, you can be happy with 1/2 YOUR stuff!

Think!

shep247

Seaman

My wife and I registered on amazon.com. They have tons of boat stuff. That's how I got a step for my old bass boat, so I didn't have to drag the weaker friends in like beached whales anymore after skiing.

Huron Angler

Admiral

Wow I'm blown away that these retailers don't offer registry. I was planning on doing the same thing for our wedding:(

I guess great minds think alike:D

DJ I see where you're coming from...but I did get approval for this idea already(Cabela's has quite a bit along the lines of outdoor-themed dinnerware, etc.)

We already own more than enough as far as Crockpots, blenders and the other typical "wedding" gifts.

mphy98

Lieutenant

Man o Man, I agree with DJ. Don't do it. I too have been married forever to my best friend, and NEVER would have even thought to do something like that. In case you didn't get it yet, The wedding is ALL ABOUT HER! You are secondary in nature and are just along for the ride. Let her pick everything out with a approving nod and yes honey that would be great in the family room. The chicken runs the roost, not the rooster. That is how we stay married forever and get lots of toys along the way. :D

tccgold

Cadet

Thanks for all the advice, we'll have to check out Amazon.com. DJ, the best part is that she was the one that suggested it! We already registered for the china, stemware, and flatware, but we've got most of the stuff we need for home already.

And I'm kinda embarrassed to say... but SHE bought the boat. I had to buy the truck to pull her boat though. Now I'm gonna have to beat you all away with a stick. She doesn't like shopping either. I'll have to send her a link to this thread and have her confirm this herself.

We're still in the early stages, but I'll keep you all updated on the registry, etc.

Thanks again!

denverspursfan

Recruit

Hi Everyone and thanks for the help and information. I think we are going to set up a Wish List at Cabela's. It is true that some store managers will just keep a list for you but we have guests coming to the wedding from all over the USA so they won't all have access to one local store for us. At Cabela's with the Wish List, people can purchase online and if we get duplicates then we can always bring them back to the store.
I also want to say that TCCGOLD showed me this post last night and I loved reading all of it. Hilarious! It's true that some girls would be offended by a guy asking if a wedding registry at a boating our outdoorsman store would be alright and some females may be truly offended, however, he's right. This was my idea. Buying a new set of boat bumpers to protect our vessel investment is way more important to us than a new set of towels and the people coming to our wedding know that too. I guess you need to know your audience/fiance.
Luckily, in our case, TCCGOLD is right! I bought the boat and he bought the new truck to pull the larger boat. Win/Win for us! I think we are starting our marriage off on the right foot, er, wake. :)

tccgold

Cadet

denverspursfan;2521116Buying a new set of boat bumpers to protect our vessel investment is way more important to us than a new set of towels and the people coming to our wedding know that too[/QUOTE said:
Okay, she's not COMPLETELY perfect. I'm still working on the terminology with her, and after today, she won't call fenders "bumpers" again.

I apologize for her, and now she owes me dinner tonight.

rainman99

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi Everyone and thanks for the help and information. I think we are going to set up a Wish List at Cabela's. It is true that some store managers will just keep a list for you but we have guests coming to the wedding from all over the USA so they won't all have access to one local store for us. At Cabela's with the Wish List, people can purchase online and if we get duplicates then we can always bring them back to the store.
I also want to say that TCCGOLD showed me this post last night and I loved reading all of it. Hilarious! It's true that some girls would be offended by a guy asking if a wedding registry at a boating our outdoorsman store would be alright and some females may be truly offended, however, he's right. This was my idea. Buying a new set of boat bumpers to protect our vessel investment is way more important to us than a new set of towels and the people coming to our wedding know that too. I guess you need to know your audience/fiance.
Luckily, in our case, TCCGOLD is right! I bought the boat and he bought the new truck to pull the larger boat. Win/Win for us! I think we are starting our marriage off on the right foot, er, wake. :)

WOW what a woman. Hey do you have a sister.(LOL) Not for me Im married.:D

denverspursfan

Recruit

You may have finally got me on that! PUBLICLY! haha

tccgold

Cadet

As a matter of fact, RainMan, she does! She's single too! Down in Texas.

rainman99

Petty Officer 1st Class

As a matter of fact, RainMan, she does! She's single too! Down in Texas.

There you go any of you single fellers out ther. Tccgold now take it easy on the little lady or the only dinner you may get is a stake for your eye.:D

Jillybean

Seaman Apprentice

I find this absolulety (ROTFLMAO) funny.

You want to start a marraige by getting stuff from traditionally; guy places?

Why not get gift certificates for lap dances?

Are you nuts?

I've got a clue for you: women do not think like us. :eek: They may think it "cute and funny" at first. However, they will win when it comes to "equipping" the homestead.

Equipping "your" toys is NOT on the agenda. That comes with time and patience.

As a 30 year veteran of marriage, to one woman, I KNOW these things. My wife has endured my needs and wants but I know it's "her" house-no doubt. Your "stuff" is far secondary. Give her, her due.

Learn to love her (tell her so) and keep the peace. I've found it to be a great relationship, as it was meant to be. She is my best freind. She actually pushes me to get working on the boat and make it "tip top shape"!:eek:

Marriage is a journey, not an event.

As Jeff Foxworthy says: Marriage is about her being happy. OR, you can be happy with 1/2 YOUR stuff!

Think!

Yes to everything he said!! You are a wise man DJ:D

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

How long has this thread been up and noone has actually suggested a "more local" "national retailer with good boating supplies". And two Mods have posted!

Sounds like a pretty obvious niche that a large, internet-based, marine supply house could service admirably.
You know, register the couple as a "gift customer" and guests who wished could buy a gift for that account....shipped in lots.
Many companies also give a small % rebate back to the couple in cash....it could add up, and cash is never a bad idea for couples starting out...but tacky to put in an invitation.

Now, I wonder if the wedding will be on a Webnesday or Thursday night so you don't wreck people's weekend? :eek: