Hin?

ClassyGlassy

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 1972 Invader SC15. I don't have a title, just a "bill of sale" as that's only what's required in Colorado. I found the S/N 9134 on the identification plate next to the controls. I then found a 10 digit number stamped into the hull starboard aft corner of the transom: 242 282 9134. I can't find any other numbers anywhere in the boat. It is my understanding that the HIN is generally a 12 digit number with the first 2 or 3 being letters.....

Can someone help me?

tractoman

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Hin?

Not sure what they did in '72, but the number on the starboard side of the transom is the normal place for the HIN. Have you googled Invader HIN's?

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

The number you found on the transom on the starboard side is the hull registration number that would appear/be used on a state title affadavit.

Mark

ClassyGlassy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Mark,

I also just found out that ONLY boats made AFTER 1972 have 12 digit HINs so that means mine IS the correct number so now I just need to apply for the proper paperwork and get my paperwork updated.

Thanks,

Paul

ClassyGlassy

Petty Officer 1st Class

I can't find much of ANYTHING about these Invaders made in Gibbings, TX!

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

While I was digging around, Invader Boats, Inc. prefix is MWK and Invader Marine is ICP if that helps anything. Don't know who Invader Marine is.

Mark

ClassyGlassy

Petty Officer 1st Class

the letter prefix is for boats manufactured AFTER 1972! my boat doesn't have any letters in the HIN!

The ID plate says Giddings, TX on it so it is NOT the "GW Invader" company either.

I have contacted PhilDill Boats in Lewisville, TX and am awaiting information back.....

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

the letter prefix is for boats manufactured AFTER 1972! my boat doesn't have any letters in the HIN!

The ID plate says Giddings, TX on it so it is NOT the "GW Invader" company either.

I have contacted PhilDill Boats in Lewisville, TX and am awaiting information back.....

In going back through this just now, I realized that you had already mentioned the 1972 origin of the letter prefix. Sorry bout that but I saw the list while I was digging and just posted it....spontaneous reaction of sorts.

I just went back this am and cruised the PDB site. Man they really put some bucks in concrete and buildings. Also counted 32 folks on the payroll. Also noticed that most of the new boats are the larger craft bringing in bigger bucks. I'd say this guy needs lots of big bucks to keep the place solvent. But it has to be a refreshing experience to go shopping in a place like that. Really nice.

Mark

ClassyGlassy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yep, I noticed the same thing about his place there in Lewisville. They never got back to me yesterday so I called and they told me they would contact me via email early next week.....they would have to do some searching!

We'll see.....

I had a guy tell me that he used to be a builder for Invader in Giddings, TX back from 1968-1973, said he would get back to me and never did....that was 2 years ago!

ClassyGlassy

Petty Officer 1st Class

so I got a response from Phil Dill Boats today:

Paul, I am very familiar with the old Invader Boats and I don?t think you have an Invader. The boat looks to me to be a Sooner Craft boat, which was built in Oklahoma. Even though your title might read ?Invader? it could be another brand. Boats in Texas were not titled until the year 1976. When boats built prior to 1976 were sold and transferred to a new owner they were then titled as whatever brand the prior owner stated they were. Many such ?mistitling? errors were made as a result of this practice. Sooner Craft Boats or Newman Boats were built in Miami, OK, I don?t remember which one.

Best Regards, Jim Connell.

Jim Connell

Appraiser/Buyer

Phil Dill Boats

ClassyGlassy

Petty Officer 1st Class

my response:

I don't have a title......the side of the boat says "Invader" on the black plaque both Port and Starboard, and the Vin Plate next to the controls specifically says Invader Marine, Giddings, TX on it as well as the BIA information with year, model, hp max, persons max, etc......

It says it's a Model SC 15

I KNOW that I have an Invader boat made in Texas in 1972......

ClassyGlassy

Petty Officer 1st Class

that was my first reaction, that someone took the time to contact me back.....then I read what he emailed me and that it had been forwarded to him by Phil Dill, Jr himself. It seemed to me that he either didn't take the time to look at it, or he didn't know so he just said something so that he wouldn't have to deal with it anymore. He started off with telling me "I am very familiar with the old Invader Boats" and then tells me that the picture I sent him doesn't look like an Invader boat? Here is the picture I sent him:

Boat22.JPG