seasense 5 gang switch panel with power socket

deester

Cadet
Has anyone tried one of the SeaSense 5 gang switch panels with power socket. I am thinking of going with one of these for my boat to replace old single switches and would like an opinion on it, Also, any opinions on SeaSense products at all as I have never tried any of their products. Thanks

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: seasense 5 gang switch panel with power socket

A catalog/part number or at least a link to the product you are looking at would help. We have no idea what you have in mind.

Skook

Seaman Apprentice

I just purchased the BEP Marine switch panel from iboats that is VERY similar to the one you linked to. The BEP Marine panel includes a Marinco 12-volt power socket. I have seen these Marinco sockets selling for $30 to $40 just for the socket with alligator clips in many places, and so I think it must be of fairly good quality.

One advantage the BEP Marine version has over the one you linked to is that the fuses are accessible from the front of the panel. The BEP has two square cartridge-like items that fit securely into the front of the panel that can be popped out if you need to access the fuses. Without this feature, I think it would be much more incovenient to change fuses once the panel was permanently mounted.

Here is the link:

http://http://www.iboats.com/Spray-Proof-5-Gang-Switch-Panel-with-Power-Socket-BEP-Marine/dm/*******.442224839--**********.377077321--view_id.483788

deester

Cadet

Thanks guys; you have given me something to think about. I really like the bep marine panel and it looks just like what I need for my boat.

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks guys; you have given me something to think about. I really like the bep marine panel and it looks just like what I need for my boat.

BEP makes excellent stuff. Seasense is OK, most of their stuff is made in China, though...

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

BEP makes excellent stuff. Seasense is OK, most of their stuff is made in China, though...
Name something that isn't made in China. ;)

Have a friend who's young son asked him if he was made in China.