Today's Winner????

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander
I just went online to check the forums and got a separate window that said I was "Today's Winner" from "mediajmp".It said to pick your prize and enter e-mail address.I DID NOT of course.

Has anyone else seen or heard of this??????

gonefishie

Commander
Re: Today's Winner????

Was it just a pop up or totally hijacked? Do yourself a favorite and download CCleaner from a reputable source such as CNET, go to the CCleaner website and follow the download link to get a copy. Install it and run it at least once a week, I do it several times a week. Run the registry clean function too. If you want and I recommend it, get malwarebytes and run a deep scan.

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

I use Firefox for browsing and it came in as a separate tab.It is in my history under recently closed tabs.I have CCcleaner,malwarebytes,and windows defender with AVG as the main antivirus with daily scan.

I was suspicious because if it was through IBoats I would have been identified by my screen name.

aspeck

Staff member

The only thing I ever win is foriegn lotteries that I never play and inheritances from people I don't know ... :mad:

gonefishie

Commander

I use Firefox for browsing and it came in as a separate tab.It is in my history under recently closed tabs.I have CCcleaner,malwarebytes,and windows defender with AVG as the main antivirus with daily scan.

I was suspicious because if it was through IBoats I would have been identified by my screen name.

Apparently, this is a spam monster that has gotten past pop-up blocker, and other goodies you got installed. No security threat found by the security companies that tested it but is annoying and pop-up frequently.

Admin5

Senior Chief Petty Officer

This did not come from our site. Your computer was already infected with a virus that then made the popup happen. :( Sorry. If there were multiple people who had the same thing happen coming here then it would make more sense that it came from us.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Those type of things generally come in from another site that you were on recently from what I have found. I check the history and it was usually one of the children searching for something that brought it in. Since we have had Spyware Doctor installed it has popped up a warning before letting it in. Gives you the option to allow or block.
Works for us.:)

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

This did not come from our site. Your computer was already infected with a virus that then made the popup happen. :( Sorry. If there were multiple people who had the same thing happen coming here then it would make more sense that it came from us.

Sorry Admin5--I did not mean to suggest that IBoats was responsible.I was just curious as to whether anyone else had seen this.I am logging off now to debug myself.

Thanks everyone.

pduquette

Ensign

Iz'zat like checkin fer ticks ???? -hope it goes quick for you !! peter

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

Iz'zat like checkin fer ticks ???? -hope it goes quick for you !! peter

LOL

Scan,scan and more scans in safe mode picked out a virus and a couple of tracking cookies so all is well now.

Thank You.