downrigger location 1802

4dducknw

Recruit
Gunnals or transon, need to mount two cannons with swivels would appreciate your 2 cents worth.
Thanks

teamrevo

Cadet
Re: downrigger location 1802

I have a 2052 with the downriggers mounted on the corners of the transome.

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class

Downrigger61.JPG

2302 have it on rod holder mount so I can move it to any rod holder

4dducknw

Recruit

I think I'll go with the transome mount just as long as it doesn't get to "busy" around my kicker. I'll just have to get used to the holes in my gunnals from
the previous owner.
Thanks

4dducknw

Recruit

Here ( http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/gallery/album326/Mini_Mag_1 ) is how I have mounted my Cannon MiniMags. It puts the rod at just the right height to grab when a fish trips the downrigger. Plus, after fishing, just rotate the downrigger to point aft and it is out of the way when docking.

Looks good. Where did you get the base & pole, it looks like they were made for seats. I checked Outdoor Emporium/West Marine & Cabellas if someplace local in NW let me know.
Thanks

JohnQ-FWB

Seaman

Looks good. Where did you get the base & pole, it looks like they were made for seats. I checked Outdoor Emporium/West Marine & Cabellas if someplace local in NW let me know.
Thanks

The "Base" is a 12 inch Cannon Pedestal, they also come in 6 inch versions (which I think I'll modify mine to). Also, on top of the pedestal is a Cannon Swivel base and tab lock that the MiniMags require. My fishing/downrigger poles are run of the mill Eagle Claw Ocean Granger II in medium action 8' 6". Point of clarification, always run fiberglass poles (which mine are) in downriggers. I learned that lesson the Graphite Hard Way (one inch scar between my eyebrows). I also prefer the Penn 320 GTi's. From your LID/signature, I assume you are a Quacker Backer, sooooooooo, try Fisherman's Marine Supply at either Ocity or Delta Park. I have permanently relegated those trophy jump seats to the attic of the shop, they get in the way.

JohnQ-FWB

Seaman

;) Just to tease yah a bit, I moved out of Kommie Orygun because I got very tired of paying way way too many and much taxes that just go down a Non-Performing Rat Hole Called Schools down there. Moved north of the river, so now I have an adequate Fishing Boat Budget :D

4dducknw

Recruit

;) Just to tease yah a bit, I moved out of Kommie Orygun because I got very tired of paying way way too many and much taxes that just go down a Non-Performing Rat Hole Called Schools down there. Moved north of the river, so now I have an adequate Fishing Boat Budget :D

No tease here, I fish the Puget & am a quacker backer of the edible kind. One of about 4 duck hunters left on the west side. Will check out the 6" pedestal,
thanks again for info.