How to stop junk mails?

gonefishie

Commander
I am absolutely have had enough of junk mails stuffed my mailbox. Every tues and wed, full of ads and junks. Does anyone know of a way to stop this nonsense?

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: How to stop junk mails?

I am absolutely have had enough of junk mails stuffed my mailbox. Every tues and wed, full of ads and junks. Does anyone know of a way to stop this nonsense?

Put a "No Junk Mail" sign on the mailbox.
If that fails then take the mailbox down :D:D

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

j_martin

Admiral

I tear the entire mailing into small enough pieces to fit the no postage return envelope, making sure my name is on top of the pile. Then mail it.

It costs them a bunch to receive it. Sometimes it takes a couple of times.

hope it helps
John

gonefishie

Commander

The junks in envelope don't bother me as much. The stuff that the mailman puts in every mailbox that ticked me off. It's about the equivalent of half of the ads in the Sunday newspaper in my mailbox.

windsors03cobra

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yea the envelopes are easy to throw away, the local grocery store sale ads and bargain hunter flyers come down my mail chute and just fly into a million pieces. I usually scoop em up in one fell swoop, wad em up and toss em out.

KeyWestSkipper

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Every now and then you see a statistic like 80% of all email is spam, well snail mail is getting to be almost as bad. The easily junk outnumbers the legitimate mail at this point. It's getting out of hand. I'd be willing to pay the post office to spare me all of that junk paper & make up for any lost revenue, less so for a private company.

On top of the junk mail that the PO delivers, here they hire kids to drop off flyers and business ads on your doorstep and you get them every single day. We have an old wastebasket out under our mailbox that fills up every week with waste paper.

Mike Robinson

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I live in rural Canada and get my mail from a post office box. Until recently the post office had a large bin for recycling where you can simply dump your junk mail. Someone at Canada Post decided to remove these bins as they where deemed "unsafe". (fire hazard I believe)

Oh well. I would rather get junk mail than calls from those annoying telemarketers.

heycods

Captain

Years back I got a divorce! The postoffice sent all the junk mail to the X! Radical move I guess, but it worked for me.:)